Home Metal Detecting
Options

One Room School and Arrowhead field

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the One Room School sites that I detect on is also an old Indian camp site. sean78 will post some pics for me. They will be some of the eyeball finds that I have found at this site this spring.

Comments

• Options
    78saen78saen Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭

Positive Transactions, CharlotteDude, SpaceMonkey, pcgs69, LeeG, MICHAELDIXON, drddm, yellowkid, jmj3esq, colorcommem, CommemDude, lkeigwin, InYHWHWeTrust, ajaan, CoinAddict, CCC2010, coinsarefun, nibanny, scrapman1077, fivecents, erickso1, ibzman350, lakeshore and more.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting pieces! image In picture #1, the item just above the button on the far left, is that some arrowhead or part of one? It almost looks like a shark's tooth.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds...you sure have some interesting sites to detect... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    The item by the button in pic #1 is a foot from a china doll. I have found many pieces of china dolls at this site. The black piece in pic #2 is part of a trading pipe. And the longer black piece in pic #3 is a slate pencil. I have found lots of slate pencils at these one room school sites if the ground has been worked and rained on. This has been a good spring for me maybe not the farmer because he hasn't gotten his crop in yet.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That's quite the haul, for projectile points. Thank you to 78saen for the pix.

How is it you're able to eyeball this stuff? Naked dirt? Plowed fields?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haul image
  • Options
    The field was a cornfield last year. It was ripped in the fall. We had lots of snow in the winter and lots more rain in the spring. The farmer is wanting to plant beans but hasn't been able to get in the field because it's to wet to work now. However, It's great for me. The clods are really melting down exposing more flint and points each time. The one room school set at the end of the field and I find school stuff mixed with the flint there. I can't wait to get there tomorrow afternoon. I wanted to get there today but had to mow at church and home and help the wife with some stuff.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice PPC! So nice to finally see some of the pieces you've pulled from your area.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The paleolithic point at the left in this overexposed picture was my first "arrowhead" find, and is probably my oldest dug artifact by several thousand years. It came up accidentally while I was digging a detector signal.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.