Home Precious Metals

1 oz Gold Canadian Maple Leaf .99999 Variety

Can anyone give me some information on if there is or isnt a 2010 coin made of the .99999 (5 9s) variety? I dont think there is one, but just curious on why.
Thanks
Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five 9's fineness compared to four 9's sounds like a gimmick to me.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of the million dollar Maple Leafs eventually sold. According to the posted link there were five confirmed orders as of May 2007. Amazing. Cheers, RickO
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they first came out in 2007 they were an interesting gimmick. As I recall we bought 100 of them for the store. I bought ten of those for myself as did another employee, and we eventually sold the rest, but we didn't bother to reorder in 2008.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    good ole ask.com

Thanks for the info guys. Any know why they didnt make a 2010?
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting information.
    Thanks guys !!!
    Timbuk3

<< <i>When they first came out in 2007 they were an interesting gimmick. As I recall we bought 100 of them for the store. I bought ten of those for myself as did another employee, and we eventually sold the rest, but we didn't bother to reorder in 2008. >>

The funny thing is they could have been using four 9's gold to make these coins and no one would have known the difference.image

• << <i>

<< <i>When they first came out in 2007 they were an interesting gimmick. As I recall we bought 100 of them for the store. I bought ten of those for myself as did another employee, and we eventually sold the rest, but we didn't bother to reorder in 2008. >>

The funny thing is they could have been using four 9's gold to make these coins and no one would have known the difference.image >>

I wonder how true that is , if at all. I wonder because i can without any difficulty tell .9999 from .999 visually. It's a totally different color.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to hold out for 1.00000. image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

<< <i>I plan to hold out for 1.00000. image >>

Why not 1.00000000000? It would be more pure, right?imageimage