Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone win lots on Legendary Auctions tonight?

I won some 70's basketball sets for what I feel was a good price tonight. Anxious to see the condition and get these into my collection. I might even PSA some of them if they look nice. Anyone else get some wins tonight? Looked like there were some nice baseball sets that brought pretty good prices.

Appreciate today-

Bill

Comments

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Still working on one lot! Hoping for the best.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Didn't grab anything from Legendary, but I have three lots on Sirus that I should be winning. Auction's not over yet, though.

Justin
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't grab anything from Legendary, but I have three lots on Sirus that I should be winning. Auction's not over yet, though >>

Same as Justin. I thought Legendary stuff went rather high considering the 20% juice one has to pay on top of your bids. Won a couple in Sirius as well.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Fell asleep before the Sirius auction ended, but I won all 3 of the ones that I bid on. Spent a little under 400.00 with the juice.

The one I like the most is the 1971 Topps Lou Brock PSA 8. I've owned quite a few 71 Brocks and this one is centered very well. May have a shot at reviewing to the first 8.5. I'll check it out when I get the card in hand. One thing I do not like is that they don't show the rear scan of the card...

I also won the 1971 Topps Orlando Cepeda PSA 8, which looks like it should be reviewed as well, and the 1971 Clemente PSA 7. Wasn't really gunning for the Clemente, but got it at a fair price of 132.00 after the BP.

Justin
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Finally bagged my ultimate whale at Legendary. Was an exhilarating auction that's for sure.

Justin, nice work on the 71 Brock-- a centered, strong 71 HOFer is a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    jgrigalijgrigali Posts: 364 ✭✭
    haha, you outbid me on the 71 clemente, i thought i was going to get a steal for a while there!
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Finally bagged my ultimate whale at Legendary. Was an exhilarating auction that's for sure.

Justin, nice work on the 71 Brock-- a centered, strong 71 HOFer is a thing of beauty. >>

Matty C - that is awesome! I think you got a GREAT deal. What a card. Wow. Congrats!

On a much smaller scale, I was able to pick up a Kellogg's baseball set run (I really just needed the 1970 and 1971 sets) and a grouping of Tony Gwynn game used items from the game where he passed Babe Ruth on the hits list (his bat, cap, sweatbands and actual baseball). I went back and forth with a guy until we were literally the last lot open. Drove the price up over 3x from where it sat at beginning of extended bidding. Just had to have it.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Sounds like an AWESOME win on that Gwynn lot. Gets the blood pumping to take it to OT like that. Congrats!