Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For those ebay sellers - have you looked at your dashboard and seen.....

I don't sell much on ebay and as a consequence, seldom look at the info that ebay now provides. However, under Seller dashboard, ebay shows your date of 1st sale (2001 for me) and your lifetime sales record in $. Has anyone ever looked at that number and been surprised by the cumulative dollar amount? If you haven't, may be interesting to look and see what ebay thinks you have sold over the course of your ebay participation.....
Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, I had no idea they even kept those details that far back.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been there for about 1 year...nothing new.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I started on ebay in 97. Shows my first sale in2002. So, it doesn't go all the way back.

Richard
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had never looked for that, and I'm absolutely floored by the total sales dollars it shows. I bet I'd be appalled if I could see a similar tally of my expenditures.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there longer than here is seems.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy Shamoley!

Sales to date: $109,635.73

Transactions: 1923

First eBay Sale: 02/11/2007

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>I had never looked for that, and I'm absolutely floored by the total sales dollars it shows. I bet I'd be appalled if I could see a similar tally of my expenditures.

Sean Reynolds >>

So true.

Since eBay and PayPal work hand in hand, I wonder why they don't track the amount I've spent on "shipping charges"?

Better yet, I do not understand why they charge me a final value fee on shipping when they "know" that I do not over charge! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had never looked for that, and I'm absolutely floored by the total sales dollars it shows. I bet I'd be appalled if I could see a similar tally of my expenditures.

Sean Reynolds >>

Yes I was pleasantly surprised as well image

They really should have a total expenditures as well but the marketing guys probaply said no way include that .... image

Actually it would be really cool if you could (Pay for and) get a report of every buy and sell transaction you have every done thru ebay and paypal.

I would surely PAY for such a report.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Sean Reynolds >>

Yes I was pleasantly surprised as well image

They really should have a total expenditures as well but the marketing guys probaply said no way include that .... image

Actually it would be really cool if you could (Pay for and) get a report of every buy and sell transaction you have every done thru ebay and paypal.

I would surely PAY for such a report. >>

You can get all of that information by logging into your PayPal account and generating the reports. You can have them generated in various formats. At the end of each year I have an excel file generated that has every transaction and all of the information (name, item, amount, email, address, ebay ID, etc.)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> >>

You can get all of that information by logging into your PayPal account and generating the reports. You can have them generated in various formats. At the end of each year I have an excel file generated that has every transaction and all of the information (name, item, amount, email, address, ebay ID, etc.) >>

Yes I have seen those on paypal. Ebay is whom I was mainly referring to, (not all transactions go thru paypal, especially the early days. ) Also to have the "photo" of the auction would be extremely helpful altho I know that would take a lot of storage space.
  • Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for pointing that out; I had no idea it was there. I'm definitely surprised by the number. I feel like I should at least be on eBay's Christmas card list.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...wondering if the IRS looks at that too...image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options

<< <i>...wondering if the IRS looks at that too...image >>

Good question.

The IRS already got a 1099 for me (from paypal) for the 20K 200 item limit. So they are looking at that.
  • Options

I have nothing to hide, so it doesn't matter for me one way or the other.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

I have nothing to hide, so it doesn't matter for me one way or the other.

...same here but we know they know no bounds. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Sean Reynolds >>

So true.

Since eBay and PayPal work hand in hand, I wonder why they don't track the amount I've spent on "shipping charges"?

Better yet, I do not understand why they charge me a final value fee on shipping when they "know" that I do not over charge! image >>

SO so so so true. They're extra charges actually makes me lose money on shipping. Such a crock
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Schedule C’s for most of that time frame shows that very little of it was profit I am sorry to say.
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, Says my 1st sale was on Christmas day 2001. My total sales were only a little more than $12,000 total.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caution everyone...nothing happens in a vaccum.

Similar to what the Gov't required of employer's appox. one year ago...listing the value of your total benefits (health insurance, etc) on your pay check stub. This was intended to show you what you were receiving dollar wise as an Un-Taxed Benefit. The future intent by the Gov't is to Tax that benefit.

If you are not keeping records of your sells and/or claiming the income you could be in for a real surprise. The US (IRS) is looking for every dollar possible and there is a load of un-tax income running through eBay...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales to date: $16,922.32
    Transactions: 87
    First eBay Sale: 02/05/2006

I have been selling on this account since 1998...
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I could not see what is being mentioned here. I have done over $200K since September. >>

it is the at the bottom of this page or at the top.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy watching that tally...

Sales to date: $114,942.73
    Transactions: 163
    First eBay Sale: 02/24/2007

Remember that this tally defaults to United States. You have to choose "Global" to see the full amount assuming that you sell internationally.

Of course, in recent years given the absurd fees I have only sold on FeeBay as a last resort. I LOVE my non-FeeBay sales.

I wonder how much business that their massive fee hikes/anti-seller policies have cost them. I know that it's thousands in my case.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort of useless, but still cool!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!! $102,361.32
    I have never seen that kind of money before, wish I knew how to actually save like that!!! image
  • Options
    Yes ...not accurate as I have been buying and selling since 1997 and it shows my first sale date of 10/19/02
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Wahhhhh, if only I hadn't spent it all!!!!
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales to date: $456,185.56

Sounds like a bit when they clump it all together like that.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options

<< <i>Yes ...not accurate as I have been buying and selling since 1997 and it shows my first sale date of 10/19/02 >>

Me too. I have had an account since 1999 and it says my first sale was in 02 as well.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it every year , just a few weeks before the fifteenth of April image
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if I could only figure out what I spent all that money on? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file