Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Avg VCP Price on a PSA 8 Jordan Rookie is 816.00, and

I've had eleven offers 700.00 or less on my Ebay BIN or BO
Go figure,
only two 700.00 and as low as 500.00 image

I know people want a deal but geeze

Comments

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    They will offer $700 till the cows come home but when you throw it up for auction funny how there will be two people who bid $800. Happens to me all the time. I had a Jackie 48 leaf graded 3 for $1200 that sat for weeks and weeks then threw it up and it went for more than the original asking price. image
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    not to diminish the pleasure of successfully marketing a Jordan rookie, but look at the centering of your card.

those folks who are trying to whittle you down quite obviously want to make a little money on it as well.

stick to your guns for awhile, that's a card for which it should be easy to maintain your patience at the price you want.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>ot to diminish the pleasure of successfully marketing a Jordan rookie, but look at the centering of your card. >>

Terry, This statement pegs it. Try to do $700 OFF ebay.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    what is the centering like?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I think I had 5 of them for sale here maybe 2 years ago for $625 each, all PSA 8's, and i couldn't sell one here or even get a close offer. Sold them all on ebay for about 700 each. You probably won't sell yours on here unless someone really really needs one
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Did u counteroffer the 700 offer?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    You can't assume everyone has VCP... very few do. Heck, I wouldn't have any idea that site even existed if I weren't a member here.

Low offers are an inherent part of offering BOs without using the auto-decline settings.

Then again, it doesn't take much time to counter even low offers... a low offer may be just as much of a starting point of negotiation for the bidder as your BIN price is a starting point for negotiation to you.

Snorto~

• otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Never hurts anyone to ask. Do you intitall offer full, or nearly full market when making an offer on something? Sounds like a few have given you a great starting point for negotiating, but you've turned their offers into a negative thought and that is something that many have a hard time getting past...

Also, if you don't want to get insulted by low offers, set the auto-decline so that you don't even see them unless you want to.
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Never hurts anyone to ask. Do you intitall offer full, or nearly full market when making an offer on something? Sounds like a few have given you a great starting point for negotiating, but you've turned their offers into a negative thought and that is something that many have a hard time getting past...

Also, if you don't want to get insulted by low offers, set the auto-decline so that you don't even see them unless you want to. >>

I have auto decline set. All were auto declined

<< <i>

<< <i>Never hurts anyone to ask. Do you intitall offer full, or nearly full market when making an offer on something? Sounds like a few have given you a great starting point for negotiating, but you've turned their offers into a negative thought and that is something that many have a hard time getting past...

Also, if you don't want to get insulted by low offers, set the auto-decline so that you don't even see them unless you want to. >>

I have auto decline set. All were auto declined >>

So why go back and look at them and then get frustrated? And if the $700 offers were auto-declined, you may be doing yourself a disservice by rejecting someone that may be willing to negotiate a reasonable price based upon the condition of the card (not all PSA 8's are created equal).

<< <i>

<< <i>

So why go back and look at them and then get frustrated? And if the $700 offers were auto-declined, you may be doing yourself a disservice by rejecting someone that may be willing to negotiate a reasonable price based upon the condition of the card (not all PSA 8's are created equal). >>

Same said they could offer more if they r willing to pay more, I auto declined to save time. If I want I could just bring it up as an auction and let it bring what it does.
    Negotiate why I have a minimum I will consider a bid below that is just that below my minimum.
    If I think my 8 is worth to much then so be it, it will not sell.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    May we have a link to the Jordan in question?

<< <i>May we have a link to the Jordan in question? >>

Link to Jordan

I lowered my auto decline to 699.00. Lol
  • scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Just keep this in mind, as you said, the average price is $816. Some sell for more while others sell for less to make that average. We all want our items on the high side of that scale but sometimes it's not in the cards (imageget it?).

While I agree that $500 is a low offer, some people will try for the heck of it, doesn't cost them anything to try.

Others will also send out a 'feeler offer' to see what comes back.

I suggest that if someone offers $700, counter them, you may come to terms.

Good luck with your sale of this great card.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

So why go back and look at them and then get frustrated? And if the $700 offers were auto-declined, you may be doing yourself a disservice by rejecting someone that may be willing to negotiate a reasonable price based upon the condition of the card (not all PSA 8's are created equal). >>

Same said they could offer more if they r willing to pay more, I auto declined to save time. If I want I could just bring it up as an auction and let it bring what it does.
    Negotiate why I have a minimum I will consider a bid below that is just that below my minimum.
    If I think my 8 is worth to much then so be it, it will not sell. >>

My simple point was that you've declined offers that may afford the opportunity to negotiate and then check the auto-declines and come here and complain about people lowballing. Auto-decline should offer you the chance to completely ignore such offers, but you've elected to view them and critique them... Nothing more, nothing less.

Personally, I see this as a PSA 7 living in a PSA 8 slab. I'm not trying to bash your card, but consideration has to be given to the fact that it will be at the lower end of the price range compared to most other PSA 8's...

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for everyone getting as much as they can for a card. The centering is going to hold this one back in my opinion.

There are tons of graded Jordan's and I think using the VCP average is being generous on this example.

A few years back I bought a Jordan PSA 9 from a dealer who had sold another copy for $175 more the day before. It was a nicer and commanded a higher price.

I think the same holds true here. Good luck.

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nice looking card, but with that L/R centering I can see why you may not get VCP. Good Luck.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Why not just do the transaction off eBay and sell it for $725-750 via check or money order...you will get the same if not a better return and everyone is happy.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why not just do the transaction off eBay and sell it for $725-750 via check or money order...you will get the same if not a better return and everyone is happy. >>

Exactly.

If you sold via eBay for that $816 average, which I don't think this card can achieve due to it's centering, it would net you $715.65 after eBay and paypal fees on $816 + $5.99 S&H. Then you have to pay to ship it out of that $715.65

Selling here via check or money order for $725 would make everyone win. You get a price higher than VCP average (even after shipping) based on net in your pocket after the sale, and someone gets a PSA 8 Jordan rookie for a fair price (fair price due to the centering).
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    when buying I never look at the VCP average, but rather the lower end of sales for the recent history. In the past 2 months, PSA 8 Jordans have sold for:

IMO, 700 is not a lowball but rather low end of what they actually sell for. If I was looking to buy one, I would know with patience I likely could buy one around $700 and possibly less off ebay. Waiting till mid summer they probably sell for less as this is still basketball season as well.

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Just consign it and watch it sell for $1,000+....
    last two months
    5/28/13 eBay Auction $835.00
    5/15/13 eBay Auction $760.00
    5/15/13 eBay Auction $770.00
    5/6/13 eBay Auction $865.34
    5/5/13 eBay Auction $810.00
    4/26/13 eBay Auction $810.00
    4/25/13 Sports Card Link Auction $862.00
    4/17/13 eBay Auction $810.00
    4/15/13 eBay Auction $842.00
    4/14/13 eBay Auction $882.00
    4/14/13 eBay Auction $740.00
    4/13/13 eBay Auction $701.01
    4/7/13 Love of the Game Auction $885.00
    4/5/13 Greg Bussineau Auction $750.00
    4/2/13 eBay Listing $849.99

4/7/13 Love of the Game Auction $885.00
    4/5/13 Greg Bussineau Auction $750.00
    4/2/13 eBay Listing $849.99
    3/30/13 eBay Listing $599.95
    3/27/13 eBay Auction $730.00
    3/27/13 eBay Auction $999.00
    3/26/13 eBay Auction $738.00
    3/26/13 eBay Auction $774.99
    3/24/13 eBay Listing $749.99
    3/24/13 eBay Auction $735.00
    3/22/13 eBay Listing $785.00
    3/21/13 eBay Auction $715.23
    3/20/13 eBay Listing $700.00
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you just list it as a $.99 auction?
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • RyanAdmirerRyanAdmirer Posts: 632 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking card, but with that L/R centering I can see why you may not get VCP. Good Luck. >>

+1
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Is this another post to draw attention to your BST threads? (Multiple threads btw). This isn't the first time you've posted something here and coincidentally had the item up for sale on the BST.

<< <i>Is this another post to draw attention to your BST threads? (Multiple threads btw). This isn't the first time you've posted something here and coincidentally had the item up for sale on the BST. >>

No it wasn't but thanks for the negitive post on my sell thread probably way you don't have PM open
  • Which one? You have so many over there.

<< <i>Which one? You have so many over there. >>

I have two, You are an Idiot, yep I said it.
  • californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    +1 for Smitty

Love the trolls in here and we know who we are talking about. Love people that Shanghai threads. Nothing positive to say go crawl back into your troll holes.

Smitty sending you an IM

Barry