Home Metal Detecting
Options

What would you put in a time capsule today, to be opened in 100 years?

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
I was just doing some surfin and decided to look up PVC time capsule which brought me to a site that had the unvealing of a "Century Time Capsule" which I thought was cool.

I have read about corner stones where a few coins were stashed to be found when the building was demolished but have never actually seen one being unveiled.

Which had me thinking.... What would I put in a time capsules today, to be found in the future.

What would you put in it?

1) Hand written letter
2) News paper
3) Photo's (Of what?)
4) Current year type set of coins/currency

Comments

• Options
    I would start with a letter (Hand written), and a type set of this years coins.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's throw in "THE" gadget of today - an Iphone. Maybe a charging cord too so people can be in awe at our finest technology of the day.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A current screen shot of online news of the day....a list of predictions for 100 years in the future (could make for some humor)....a sealed container of vegetable seeds (tomato, zucchini, hot peppers etc) and a small gold coin to be given to my youngest direct descendant at the time of opening. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Let's throw in "THE" gadget of today - an Iphone. Maybe a charging cord too so people can be in awe at our finest technology of the day. >>

Excellent idea, imagine how dumb the iPhone 5 would look 100 years from now. image Great idea.
  • Options

<< <i>A current screen shot of online news of the day....a list of predictions for 100 years in the future (could make for some humor)....a sealed container of vegetable seeds (tomato, zucchini, hot peppers etc) and a small gold coin to be given to my youngest direct descendant at the time of opening. Cheers, RickO >>

I like the predictions idea (Maybe a farmers almanac) diffidently the Market numbers (DOW, NASDAQ, Precious metal Spot prices etc.) and where we think they are heading.

The seeds are a good idea, maybe vacuum sealed in a glass jar.

What sort of gold coin? maybe a 1/10 AGE? I know it's not an official coin but a coin of today. Why not an old common St G? Something already a century old.

I think we should add some signatures, of famous peeps, maybe the Prez or a few local significant people. (A signed photo). How cool would that be to find a 100 year old photograph signed by the famous person on the front? Wild.

Thanks
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some state park quarters and a good book from this year.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>some state park quarters and a good book from this year. >>

People of 2113 will certainly enjoy... "Fifty Shades Darker" image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What would you put in a time capsule today, to be opened in 100 years? >>

Myself, if I could get the suspended animation thing down. image

Edit to add: and if there were a return mechanism of some kind in case I didn't care much for the 22nd century.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about pictures of 100 people between the ages of 1 and 20 years old today (babies, toddlers, elementary schoolers, middle schoolers, high schooler and people just out of high school. Give their names, ages, addresses, family members, SSI #, DOB etc. When the time capsule is opened in 100 years check to see how many of the 100 people are still alive and invite them to the ceremony for the opening of the capsule.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    my blood sample so they could clone meimage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    i would have an apologise letter, posters, flyers, t-shirts, made up to say,,, "They overcame and screwed it up for you,,, Sorry!!"
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>i would have an apologise letter, posters, flyers, t-shirts, made up to say,,, "They overcame and screwed it up for you,,, Sorry!!" >>

Huh?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>some state park quarters and a good book from this year. >>

People of 2113 will certainly enjoy... "Fifty Shades Darker" image >>

great toning i call it image