Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please pray for Jason's (vintageinvestments) 15 year old daughter

Jason (vintageinvestments) is a good friend of mine. He called me two nights ago with some very serious news. His 15 year old daughter was at a Kansas City Royals game with some friends and neighbors. They were in the bleachers when she passed out. She had experienced a massive heart attack. Yes, at 15 years old. A nurse from the Royals staff and a neighbor, who is also an ICU nurse performed CPR on her and she briefly revived. As the EMT's were taking her out of Kaufman Stadium, she passed out again. They needed an AED (defibrillator) to bring her back.

He called me while he and his wife were on the way to the hospital asking me to pray for the situation.

I talked to him again today. She is in stable, but very serious condition. Some bit of good news was that they did get a response from her today. She squeezed her mom and dad's hands. When Jason bent down to kiss her and tell her he loved her, she teared up. Having a daughter myself, when he told me that, it really got to me. I just had to share this with you guys hoping that you will pray, if you are a praying person. Thank you all.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    As a dad with a little girl myself, that is like reading your own worst nightmare. My prayers are with them.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Shane, I have a 5 year old daughter myself, I can't imagine how hard this must be on them. My prayers are with this family.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Good thoughts for the family.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Will add Jason's family to our family prayer list.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes for a full recovery.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I have a 18 year old daughter, I will send prayers for his daughter and his family.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 13 year old daughter myself and don't want to even imagine what they are going through. Prayers sent for a full recovery!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I read the article on that the other day, so scary!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    Prayers sent to Jason's daughter and family!! I have 2 daughters and just could not imagine that happening at such a young age. Praying for a full recovery.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Shane ... typing this with tears in my eyes. Please let Jason and his family know that they are all in my prayers. I think most of you have read my signature line, so if Jason needs someone to talk to, please let him know that I am here for him.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I have a 16 year old daughter myself, with a serious heart condition. My prayers are absolutely with the family and the young lady to keep fighting. May God bless them.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Hoping she makes a strong recovery. That has to be terrifying for Jason. My thoughts and prayers go out for him and his family
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Prayers sent to your daughter and your family Jason.
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    we will addd her to our prayers. I have a 12 yr old son and I always pray he dont get my health problems..glad to hear she's on the up swing
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Tell Jason we're praying for his daughter.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    My daughter will be 15 in July. Prayers sent for Jason's daughter and family.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope her road to recovery is quick and without complication.
  • Options
    Prayers and thoughts from our home.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason,

I pray that your Daughter comes through this horrible nightmare with flying colors. I would also like to say I would hope and pray she doesn't have long term problems associated with this Massive M.I. 15 yrs old is just too young...

imageimageimage

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Prayers sent.
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    a parent's nightmare. My prayers are with you
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Just terrible. Prayers sent.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    From one Dad to another, my thoughts and prayers are with the family. I hope his little girl makes it home soon.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Prayers sent

Hoping for a full recovery
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Having just gone through an illness of our 15 year old daughter you most certainly
    can count on the prayers of our entire family

Dave
  • Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    I will say a prayer for her and hope that she has a full recovery.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope she has a quick recovery.
    James
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope she makes a full recovery and can return to life as normal. It seems so unfair for these things happen to ones so young.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    thenibblerthenibbler Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Jason,
    My prayers are with you. May God lay his healing hand on your daughter and bless each of you as she makes a speedy recovery.
    Ted
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Shane,

Let Jason know we are all prayering for his daughter's speedy recovery.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Jason,
    God Bless your daughter. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Mickey71
    Danny
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Robert
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers, Jason's daughter.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    My familys thoughts are with her. Another reminder how quickly our lives can change and why we should cherish every moment.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a text from Jason that says that she is improving and that he will send details later. I will update you guys on the situation as I find out more. Thanks for all of the kind words and prayers.

Shane

• Options
    Hello Guys,

First I want to say thank you so much and will covet all prayers. I want to say that today the picture is completely different than what was painted Thursday evening. I am sure you are all well aware that there was a press leak ( probably from Royals) about the situation. I will let you know most every account is inaccurate, but I am just asking for prayers for my sweet daughter Mykal. We had a very grim outlook on THursday with not expecting her to make it. Tonight she is responding well while still on life support. We are expecting good things in the next week so pray hard! I owe my life to my firend and neighbor (whom she attended the game with) for saving her life. He is an ER nruse in KC and HE was the administer of CPR despite the leaks in press. He did compressions while Sam (nurse in press) held her head for airway. If it were not Brian (friend) my daughter would not be fighting hard right now. I will post more later, especially about the Royals and how they have approached the issue. FOr now I just want my little girl better. Thanks so much.

Jason
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Lots of prayers for you and your family....
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    MrKnowthanxMrKnowthanx Posts: 322 ✭✭
    Prayers on their way! I truly believe positive thoughts and prayers from all over the world work in situations like this. Call it a collective unconscious or whatever you want, but Jason's family will benefit by knowing the extra prayers are being sent.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    I can't even imagine what Jason is going through. Praying for a speedy and full recovery!!
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Prayers are sent and best of luck to you and your daughter. I can't imagine what you are going through.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    prayers for a quick recovery, having a daughter who just turned 16 and had her own recent surgery hits home for my family.
  • Options
    UPDATE:

Thanks guys for all of the prayers and support. Let me first start by saying that I am overwhelmed by the support and friendships I have here. I am even more amazed of the strength of my little girl. We removed life support yesterday and I am glad to say that she is doing amazingly well and nothing short of a miracle. Every team of Dr.s we have seen even say they have been changed by her strength and story. I will hopefully get time to tell the full story here sometime soon, but I am so thankful of the support from this community. The road will be a bit different but good. She is sitting up talking and fully intact mentally! Way different than what we were told Thursday night. One of Mykal's friends did post a FB page called prayers or praying for Mykal. You can find detail and updates there so go like the page! We will come out of this thing stronger.

Thanks

Jason Duncan
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jason ... great news my friend! Always here for you if you need to vent or just talk.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Jason, that is just fantastic news. We will continue to pray for your daughter and your family.

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    Thank you for the update, that's great news! Keep strong!
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Liked the Facebook page and praying for your family.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    Hey guys and gals,

We brought our daughter home today. Thanks for my pals on this forum who have shown support and prayer. I am truly blessed to have this second chance.

Jason
  • Options
    Jason that is the best news!!!! I am so happy for you and your family. You must have one strong and special kid there.

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    I'm glad she got better! It's always good to be home!