Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I was hoping to add another Piedfort to the collection until...

I saw what the final price was!!!

I have 4 out of the 250 mintage and was hoping for #5. Had a 150 pound snipe in and totally got blown out of the water. I haven't seen one come up for auction in 3-4 years, and they have always sold for $100-$150. Maybe it's time to part with a few of mine!!! LOL
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224
    Well ... I guess prices are bound to go up if the competition for the Weenie Dollars heats up ... all these years of corrupting innocent minds and what not. Now that I have some other projects winding down I may have to pick up a few more dates just for grins ...
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    Two bidders from 44 pounds with a third chiming in at 100. You need those bidders else you might not get close.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if its gonna be relisted? Thats too high
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Where's that creative problem solving when you need it, MadMarty? image

Hope this cheers you up … it's one of my faves! (but not a piedfort) image

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    The creative problem solving is "hmmmm at those prices, I should sell off the ones I have!!"

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Buy low, sell high. If you are one for whom changing directions is painless, then sell (if the market is indeed high). If however you are stuck in the mud with tons of sentimental value and you're going to miss them ... sell to me and I'll consider letting you buy them back in ten years with a modicum of market appreciation image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    One of the items on my "Absolutely Must Purchase" list when I went to my very first coin show (PAN 5/05) was a 1979 Cook Island $1. Not only did nobody have a good example to offer me, nobody had one at all. The closest anyone came? The 1986 Piedfort you linked. The price? $40. I guess I should have bought it, but it seemed so expensive at the time! image
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • Options
    I have a bunch of slabbed ones up on Flea-Bay now!! If you're looking for a weenie coin they are up!!

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Where's the holey one MM? image
  • Options
    It's at home in a very think NGC Gennie, slabbed as holed!!!