2013 Topps Archives Football

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget the photo variations

Found this one while sorting this morning

image >>

That's great, I will have to go back through. I wonder how tough they are to pull?
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to see scans of the box bottoms or any USFL cards from this. I think I'm going to have to deviate from rookie card collecting and scoop up a box of these. Can't resist the 80s nastagia. The checklist with Christian okoye and al toon pretty much sealed the deal for me. What's tge difference between hobby and retail with this product?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

I can scan a box this evening.

There are hobby exclusives and I believe retail exclusives. I found a Mayo reprint (page one) in a Wal-Mart 8 pack box.

Hobby insert odds are pretty consistent, two autos per box. I don't think retail has to adhere to that seeding, but that is just my opinion.
  • Options

I am also searching for the USFL cards, they seem like a tough one
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>and it looks like the gold parallels have photo variations too

not my cards:

image >>

I bought a handful of packs. For a Tom Rathman Auto and a SSP Doug Martin Gold card something like 1 in 1600 packs.

Cool looking cards
  • Options

According to the Cardboard connection website:

Check your cards carefully. 2013 Topps Archives Football variations are surfacing, offering another tough base set chase. They're also extremely rare.

Although a final checklist has yet to be released, it looks as though the variation short prints cover key members of the 2012 rookie class. Unlike some other sets, the 2013 Topps Heritage Football variations do not follow a pattern. They're simply different photos printed in much small quantities.

Variations are also in the Gold parallel set.

2013 Topps Archives Football variations are inserted 1:384 hobby packs. They're even tougher at retail, falling 1:692 packs. Gold parallels appear to be about twice as rare.

NOTE: Not sure where the 2013 Topps Heritage Football line came from, (may be a typo) unless Topps is rolling them out as well.

• Options

Hobby Box bottom:

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Those box bottoms are awesome. I'm interested to see what the celebrity autos are. There is a Danny divito one eBay and topps did a horrible job with it. The auto they decided to use for it was way bigger than the card they tried to fit it in. I don't get why they wouldn't just get him to sign a card rather than go the custom cut route. I could understand custom cuts of people like Michael Jackson, river Phoenix, Spud Mackenzie
    ect...
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>Hobby Box bottom:

image >>

crappy of your going to cut them out, that sticker over the right 2 cards
  • Options
    Id be interested in the Terry Bradshaw cards if anyone is getting rid of them, the only football player I collect
  • Options

image >>

Does the photo variation have a different number than the base card? I'm at work and don't remember what the regular numbers were say 101 sps ended in 102? Just curious would make going through the cards a lot easier.
    Twitter: @scott_NECC

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does the photo variation have a different number than the base card? I'm at work and don't remember what the regular numbers were say 101 sps ended in 102? Just curious would make going through the cards a lot easier. >>

I know in the last couple years of Topps Heritage there have been specific code/serial numbers for each type of card - I think Topps puts them on every card now. Look at the copyright info on the back of the card - at the end of all of that stuff there will be some bolder font that says WWW.TOPPS.COM CODE#XXXXXXXX

For instance - in 2013 Topps Heritage the code numbers ran thusly:

ends in 80: base card
    ends in 81: base short print
    ends in 84: action variation
    ends in 89: SSP

Old dudes like me have to get out the magnifying glass to see the code number - young fellers should have no problem.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Opened a few packs from my local hobby shop... didn't get anything special.

What is the usually outcome of a blaster?

If anyone has Saints stuff to part with out of this, drop me a PM!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does the photo variation have a different number than the base card? I'm at work and don't remember what the regular numbers were say 101 sps ended in 102? Just curious would make going through the cards a lot easier. >>

I know in the last couple years of Topps Heritage there have been specific code/serial numbers for each type of card - I think Topps puts them on every card now. Look at the copyright info on the back of the card - at the end of all of that stuff there will be some bolder font that says WWW.TOPPS.COM CODE#XXXXXXXX

For instance - in 2013 Topps Heritage the code numbers ran thusly:

ends in 80: base card
    ends in 81: base short print
    ends in 84: action variation
    ends in 89: SSP

Old dudes like me have to get out the magnifying glass to see the code number - young fellers should have no problem. >>

That's GREAT information right there. I wonder if they did that with any other Topps sets.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

Does the photo variation have a different number than the base card? I'm at work and don't remember what the regular numbers were say 101 sps ended in 102? Just curious would make going through the cards a lot easier. >>

variation ends in 406
  • Options

Just finished opening up what I had.

Nothing crazy..

I don't think I have yet to find an SSP...
  • Options

I've noticed that the gold cards start to curl if you don't store them in some holder.

I just had them on my desk.

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I just finished opening a case, and the "Fan Favorite" autographs are a complete joke. The best autograph that I pulled was Christian Okoye? The 2004 Fan Favorites was my 2nd favorite modern set (after 1997 UD Legends) and was loaded with autographs of common, star and HOF players. Topps took a great concept, and watered it down to the point there are NO HOFers in this year's Fan Favorites set.....NONE. They could have loaded the product with Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana - or even the likes of Howie Long, Dwight Stephenson, Eric Dickerson, ect...but instead the checklist is filled with semi-stars from the 1970's and 1980's.

This may be the last modern box/case that I rip....I am BEYOND disgusted with this product.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

The list of fan favorites are just that, Fan Favorites. Not every Fan Favorite is a HOFer. I understand your frustration but a bit of research would have produced a list of autos. Here is the list of players.

Al Toon, New York Jets
    Anthony Carter, Minnesota Vikings
    Ben Coates, New England Patriots
    Billy Johnson, Houston Oilers
    Bob Golic, Cleveland Browns
    Brent Jones, San Francisco 49ers
    Tom Rathman, San Francisco 49ers
    Brian Sipe, Cleveland Browns
    Bubby Brister, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Christian Okoye, Kansas City Chiefs
    Chuck Muncie, San Diego Chargers
    Clyde Simmons, Philadelphia Eagles
    Cornelius Bennett, Buffalo Bills
    Curt Warner, Seattle Seahawks
    Dave Krieg, Seattle Seahawks
    Don Beebe, Buffalo Bills
    Ed McCaffrey, Denver Broncos
    Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Dallas Cowboys
    Eric Allen, Philadelphia Eagles - Redemption
    Ernest Givins, Houston Oilers
    Gary Clark, Washington Redskins
    Harold Carmichael, Philadelphia Eagles
    Haywood Jeffires, Houston Oilers
    Herman Moore, Detroit Lions
    Ickey Woods, Cincinnati Bengals
    Jim Zorn, Seattle Seahawks
    John L. Williams, Seattle Seahawks
    Karl Mecklenburg, Denver Broncos
    Ken Anderson, Cincinnati Bengals
    Kevin Mack, Cleveland Browns
    LeRoy Butler, Green Bay Packers
    Lionel James, San Diego Chargers
    Louis Lipps, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Mark Clayton, Miami Dolphins
    Mark Duper, Miami Dolphins
    Mercury Morris, Miami Dolphins - Redemption
    Merril Hoge, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Mike Golic, Philadelphia Eagles
    Mike Quick, Philadelphia Eagles
    Mike Rozier, Houston Oilers
    Neil Lomax, Arizona Cardinals
    Raghib "Rocket" Ismail, Dallas Cowboys
    Rodney Hampton, New York Giants
    Seth Joyner, Philadelphia Eagles
    Steve Bartkowski, Atlanta Falcons
    Stump Mitchell, Arizona Cardinals
    Vai Sikahema, Philadelphia Eagles
    Vince Papale, Philadelphia Eagles
    Vinny Testaverde, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Wayne Chrebet, New York Jets
    Wesley Walker, New York Jets
    William "Refrigerator" Perry, Chicago Bears - Redemption
    Willie Anderson, Los Angeles Rams
    Willie Gault, Los Angeles Raiders
    Willie McGinest, New England Patriots
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I love this set, and all of the Archives sets.

I've never been really excited about chasing for autographed cards in packs, but apparently most other collectors really dig it. So what does Topps do? You want autographs? They'll get you autographs. But they're not going to spend a ton of money to do it.

It's just a trade off......you'll pull more autos, but they won't be HOFers.
  • Options

I didn't see a lot of the USFL autos anywhere.

Did they get pulled, or were there only a few?