Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2013 Topps Archives Football

Is no one busting any of these?

I bought a couple Wal-Mart blasters and will go find some Hobby boxes.

Odd timing for Football.....

Comments

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

A lot of great cards in the base set...

• Options

Trying to adjust the scan size..

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Look nice - Any Brady autos in this?

• Options
    No autos out of the two I opened.....

I think they are the fan favorites concept on the autos... not sure if they have any big name.

I like how the two Jet QBs are in the same design..

• Options

Couple inserts......

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Nice, are the stand-ups legit stand-ups where you can pop them out of the card?

If so, I may have to put this set together to go with the original 1968 one.

Snorto~
  • Options

Yes the pop ups are are a little fragile, can come apart quite easy
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    I'd like it more if was one style like topps heritage, the 76's are cool because I was 9 when they were out, and the fact that they have logos, and not mostly head shots make them even better. The mix of years just bugs me somehow. No order to the mess.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like it more if was one style like topps heritage, the 76's are cool because I was 9 when they were out, and the fact that they have logos, and not mostly head shots make them even better. The mix of years just bugs me somehow. No order to the mess. >>

Totally agree. They would look more legit if the color schemes and photographs were of the era. I always thought 2006 Bowman Heritage did the best job of harkening back. 2009 Topps Heritage was pretty good at it too. I almost wish they'd use the same hand-cutting on the original photos too. Adds character.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    My card store has hobby boxes but I have not bought any.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Man, that looks like a fun set--the grabber for me is seeing those 1976 style cards. That was the set that really got me hooked on card collecting at the age of 8. I haven't done any set builds for the last few years worth of products, but this one has me thinking. image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options

They are broken up into four 50 card sets for each design year, similar to last year's baseball set.

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Are there anything beside QB's in the set? Every card pictured is a QB except for the Ray Lewis insert?
  • Options
    Topps Archives Football makes its highly anticipated debut this spring! From today's stars on classic Topps designs, to iconic reprints and recreations of memorable insert sets, Archives Football has it all!

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    - Look for an assortment of autographs, including Fan Favorites, Topps Originals, 1988 Minis and 1965 Tall Boys! Also look for redemptions for original cards, packs, complete sets, uncut sheets, and special gems from the Topps Vault!
    - 2 autographs per hobby box

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

BASE CARDS
    Base Cards (200 subjects) Featuring Retired Stars, Veterans and Top Rookies on 1959, 1976, 1985, and 1986 designs.

PARALLEL CARDS
    Archives Gold Parallel (1:12)
    Base Card Printing Plates - 1 of 1 Hobby Only!

FAN FAVORITES AUTOGRAPHS
    The Fan Favorites autographs make their long-awaited return in football! These hard-signed cards feature such NFL franchise favorites as "Ickey" Woods, Mercury Morris, Ben Coates, "Flipper" Anderson, Christian Okoye and Eric Allen on designs from their era, but with all-new photography. There are up to 75 different players in all!

AUTOGRAPHS
    Topps Originals - Up to 10 stars will sign 10 copies of an original card. Sequentially #'d to 10 Hobby Only

Framed Autographed 1988 TOPPS Minis - Up to 25 players sign mini verisons of the 1988 Topps design. Seq #'d to 25 Hobby Only

1984 TOPPS Autograph Book Cards - Up to 10 book cards featuring two of the hottest rookies from the 2012 season on each card. Seq #'d 1 of 1 Hobby Only

Autographed USFL Buybacks - Up to 10 players sign their original USFL cards from the 1980s. Seq #'d to 10

1980s Celebrity Cut Signatures

INSERTS
    - 1970 Topps Glossy (25 subjects) (1:6)
    - 1,000-Yard Club Rack Pack Inserts (25 subjects) (1:8)
    - 1968 Topps Stand-Ups (15 subjects)
    - Topps Originals - Topps buybacks, foil stamped with "TOPPS ORIGINALS" logo.
    - Topps Originals Redemptions - Good for graded/un-graded original cards, packs and complete sets.
    - Topps Vault Redemptions - Good for items sold on the Topps Vault.
    - Uncut Sheet Redemptions - Good for an uncut sheet from the base set.
    - Insert Printing Plates (130 cards) Hobby Only

OVERSIZED CARDS
    1965 Tall Boy Autographs - Based on the 1965 Topps design and built to the same size, these cards will feature up to 25 subjects and On-Card autographs, inserted as box loaders. Seq #'d to 25. Hobby Only!

Touched By Greatness Oversized Autographs - These oversized cards include an actual handprint and autograph from one of the NFL's Fan Favorites. Seq #'d to 10

BOX BOTTOM CARDS
    1985 Topps Box Bottom Cards of top players will be printed directly onto the bottom of the Hobby box, just as was done in the 80's, featuring the 1985 Topps design with a red border. Hobby Only!

• Options

<< <i>Are there anything beside QB's in the set? Every card pictured is a QB except for the Ray Lewis insert? >>

It's a normal player distribution set. I just posted the QB's side by side for effect.

Also I'm just a collector, I just ordered some hobby boxes, but these cards were out of a couple of Wal-Mart blaster boxes.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>

<< <i>Are there anything beside QB's in the set? Every card pictured is a QB except for the Ray Lewis insert? >>

It's a normal player distribution set. I just posted the QB's side by side for effect.

Also I'm just a collector, I just ordered some hobby boxes, but these cards were out of a couple of Wal-Mart blaster boxes. >>

I'm glad you clarified that point before I offered my best guess... that RGIII and Andrew Luck smelled like deer antlers. image

I think I am going to pick up a hobby box of these to check them out... maybe I will airbrush out some helmet logos on those 1976 cards... I can't do any worse a job than Topps did back in the day. image

Snorto~
  • Options

Couple subsets....

• Options
    I think you sold me on this box. Heading out in a little while for a couple boxes.

Thank you
    Been collecting on and off from 1982. Football is my favorite, although, I do like baseball. Always looking for 1984 Topps and 1989 Score Football PSA 10's.
  • Options

Opened a Hobby Box (1)-

Scan of the inserts below:

2- Autos
    2- Gold
    2- Stand-ups
    3- 1000 Yds
    4- Topps Glossy
    5- Short prints

• Options

Second scan first hobby box, complete look at a Hobby box...

• Options
    I'd like to pick up a box of these. What are they going for roughly? Best price?
  • Options
    Second Hobby Box-

(2nd Golic, ??)

That Rozier card was ugly with the big Topps on it. Was that 1990 ?
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to pick up a box of these. What are they going for roughly? Best price? >>

I think Blowout cards have them for $67 this weekend.

Which is the lowest I have seen.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally into this stuff. I'm putting a gold parallel set together. PM me if you have gold singles you'd like to sell
  • Options
    Two Autos from another Hobby box...

I hope my Golic run is over...

• Options

just a scan of some HoF QBs. I really like the archives base set.

Haven't hunted for or seen a variation list yet.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    I opened a box of these tonight and it's a fun box to open. I got one throw away auto and a Rookie redemption auto for "Mystery Player 1".
  • Options
    are thes cards "glossy" or is the stock similar to heritage stock? thanks for the help.
  • Options

<< <i>are thes cards "glossy" or is the stock similar to heritage stock? thanks for the help. >>

The heritage stock, non glossy, but maybe slightly thinner.

I haven't compared them to the originals.

I think it's the same stock as 2012 Archives Baseball, (which 2013 Archives Baseball is due out Friday).

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    To pass a couple hours on a rainy day I went and picked up a few boxes of these!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if any of the gold parallels are short printed?

I know there are gold versions of the regular short printed rookie cards. But I've seen gold versions of some of the 'regular' cards go for some very high premiums, like Dan Marino.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not much of a modern card guy, but I must admit I loved opening these.

Any one up for trading these? If so I'll create a thread over in the BST area.

I would like to complete the base set and maybe the high numbers,

Thanks

Scott
  • Options
    This thread made me go buy 2 hobby boxes at lunch today

thanks guys

• Options

Hopefully you got a good price. Pre-sale was much higher.

The insert distribution looks pretty consistent.

Short prints are odd and a random assortment of years, but the base set is interesting.

Which is backwards from most boxes today.

Still looking for the USFL insert, and the box toppers might be tougher.

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone know if any of the gold parallels are short printed?

I know there are gold versions of the regular short printed rookie cards. But I've seen gold versions of some of the 'regular' cards go for some very high premiums, like Dan Marino. >>

I think the Gold parallels are two per hobby box, not sure if the short prints are also in gold. I haven't seen any.

• Options

<< <i>I'm not much of a modern card guy, but I must admit I loved opening these.

Any one up for trading these? If so I'll create a thread over in the BST area.

I would like to complete the base set and maybe the high numbers,

Thanks

Scott >>

I haven't traded much, but I would be interested, need to get some mailing packs.
  • Options
    No idea if I got a good price or not - probably not - paid 165 for 2 boxes including the tax

I'll be home and ripping in a couple hours and that's all that really matters image

• Options
    Nice cards. Definitely gotta do the set on this one.

Here's box 1 highlights:

Box 2 after dinner
  • Options
    I wish I like football, those are very cool....have they done this type of thing to baseball or basketball? Im sorta out of the loop with modern stuff
  • Options
    yeah, they did it in baseball for a few years in the early 2000s and did it last year too. This year's comes out this Friday

I was thinking how cool it would be if they could do hockey as I opened the football

Here's my box 2 highlights - Love the Perry - wish it wasn't a redemption though. I pulled his base/SP card a pack earlier and wondered if he had an auto in the set - next pack, there it was LOL

• Options

Great pics....I'm gonna need to get another box or two, I got three Golics....c'mon..

The short print set seems like a challenge to put together.

• Options

Better... have to start putting the set together. I have seen some variations but I don't think I have come accross any.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone know if any of the gold parallels are short printed?

I know there are gold versions of the regular short printed rookie cards. But I've seen gold versions of some of the 'regular' cards go for some very high premiums, like Dan Marino. >>

I think the Gold parallels are two per hobby box, not sure if the short prints are also in gold. I haven't seen any. >>

there definitely are not gold parallels of the high numbers. I was asking if anyone knew if any of the gold parallels were short printed. I find it odd that Dan Marino gold would go for more than $60, and the Luck gold is going for $20
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the USfl cards? I'm a sucker for anything USfl. Is this the first time they have been reissued? The 85 box bottom is awesome too. The red Marino is prob my favorite non rookie card of the 80s
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    On the redemption card I pulled it was for a Rookie Mystery Player 1. Do you think this would be from this year's draft or rookies from the past season? How do you know what cards are SP? Thanks!
  • Options

This is from the cardboard connection website:

When 2013 Topps Archives Football was first announced, the base set was advertised as being 200 cards. While that's still the case, there are also some short prints that bookend the set.

2013 Topps Archives Football short print high numbers start at number 201 and appear to run through number 240 (Topps has yet to release a final checklist to confirm this). Short print subjects are all retired players. Many are pictured on the same design as their Topps rookie cards but with different photos. This means a lot of variety.

Like other Topps Archives baseball sets, the focus is more on fan favorites than big-time legends. Inserted 1:4 retail packs (likely similar for hobby packs once they're released), completing the set will be somewhat challenging but not impossible. They shouldn't be too expensive either. The main set has several all-time greats like Joe Montana and Emmitt Smith, but they're not short prints.

Below is a full high numbers checklist

2013 Topps Archives Short Print High Numbers Checklist

201 Willie Anderson, Los Angeles Rams
    202 Steve Bartkowski, Atlanta Falcons
    203 Don Beebe, Buffalo Bills
    204 Anthony Carter, Minnesota Vikings
    205 Wayne Chrebet, New York Jets
    206 Gary Clark, Washington Redskins
    207 Mark Clayton, Miami Dolphins
    208 Ben Coates, New England Patriots
    209 Vinny Testaverde, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    210 Willie Gault, Los Angeles Raiders
    211 Ernest Givins, Houston Oilers
    212 Merril Hoge, Pittsburgh Steelers
    213 Haywood Jeffires, Houston Oilers
    214 Billy Johnson, Houston Oilers
    215 Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Dallas Cowboys
    216 Rodney Hampton, New York Giants
    217 Louis Lipps, Pittsburgh Steelers
    218 Raghib "Rocket" Ismail, Dallas Cowboys
    219 Ed McCaffery, Denver Broncos
    220 Stump Mitchell, Arizona Cardinals
    221 Mercury Morris, Miami Dolphins
    222 Christian Okoye, Kansas City Chiefs
    223 Vince Papale, Philadelphia Eagles
    224 William Perry, Chicago Bears
    225 Mike Rozier, Houston Oilers
    226 Al Toon, New York Jets
    227 Wesley Walker, New York Jets
    228 Ickey Woods, Cincinnati Bengals
    229 Eric Allen, Philadelphia Eagles
    230 William Andrews, Atlanta Falcons
    231 Cornelius Bennett, Buffalo Bills
    232 Harold Carmichael, Philadelphia Eagles
    233 Mike Golic, Philadelphia Eagles
    234 Brent Jones, San Francisco 49ers
    235 Seth Joyner, Philadelphia Eagles
    236 Kevin Mack, Cleveland Browns
    237 Chuck Muncie, San Diego Chargers
    238 Vai Sikahema, Philadelphia Eagles
    239 Clyde Simmons, Philadelphia Eagles
    240 Curt Warner, Seattle Seahawks

• Options
    Don't forget the photo variations

Found this one while sorting this morning

• Options
    and it looks like the gold parallels have photo variations too

not my cards:

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I love the red box bottoms too. They remind me of how tuff it is to find James Lofton from 1985 because he was the common player everyone cut out.

Forgot to add Lofton is the left of Marino which is why so many have been destroyed.
  • Options
    OOPS - completely forgot about the box bottoms and threw my boxes on the floor last night for my cat to play with - and she did.

Now I'm at work and the boxes are still where they were last night