Home Precious Metals

How low do metals need to go before this place is as active as the stamp forum?

Comments

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    There will always be people buying/selling PMs, I'm not so sure about stamps. From what I understand, the stamp community (Or a "Philatelist") went south with modern printers. With the advancements and ease to obtain different stock (Paper) and printers, there were too many fakes abound.

I'm not a Philatelist, but I have owned a few stamps in my days.
  • agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    This place was here a long time without a pm forum. Pretty sure people bought pm's back then.
  • BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I think things will heat up more if it dips real low image
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭

<< <i>This place was here a long time without a pm forum. Pretty sure people bought pm's back then. >>

If PM's collapse to $700-$800, I promise you the Coin Forum will be cut in half as many of the Boys will be over here bragging how they 'backed up the Truck' during this Uber-Manipulation ;>

Think about it, West Texas Intermediate GOES UP in price with the Dollar this week, but Gold and Silver loose 6% to 7% this week?? LOL
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Stamps are Paper, even worse than Paper Money.

+ most stamps were licked! image
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How low do metals need to go before this place is as active as the stamp forum? >>

If gold dips below $300 an ounce we could slow up a bit.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the majority of die hard PM forum members mutilate their hands beyond any medical help trying to catch the "falling knife PM knife." And when the rest throw away their crystal balls, this forum will just be a memoryimage

Good grief, I'm having a nightmare, or is it a premonition?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If gold dips below $300 an ounce we could slow up a bit. >>

If that happens I might end up buying some collectors gold without the huge premium.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does PCGS / Collectors Universe or a sister company grade & slab stamps?

If so can someone post a photo? I would guess they would be in a holder like paper money image

As small as a stamp is I am wondering how big the holder is?

Thanks, GrandAm image

P.S. I would ask this on the stamp forum but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    GrandAm :)
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    Does PCGS / Collectors Universe or a sister company grade & slab stamps?

CLCT sold their stamp division a couple of years ago for 3 bottle caps, 2 paper clips, and a stapler. They did about 3K stamp certs/quarter.
    FYI- they sold their currency division about 4 years ago for a few hundred K
  • IwantNonCCsIwantNonCCs Posts: 369 ✭✭
    Dising on stamps again. Just because CU stamp message board flopped.

Search for other stamp boards. You may find that there is a stamp board out there more active then the
    PCGS coin board.

And I think they were dising on coins.

Just saying.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty soon when you apply for a business license or open a bank account, one of the qualifying questions will be,

"have you ever posted on an internet blog regarding gold or silver?

And you think I'm joking?
    Have a nice day
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty soon when you apply for a business license or open a bank account, one of the qualifying questions will be,

Ha! And to think that I've been accused saying that things are getting bad, and of worrying about things that I can't control..............

touche'
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty soon when you apply for a business license or open a bank account, one of the qualifying questions will be,

Ha! And to think that I've been accused saying that things are getting bad, and of worrying about things that I can't control..............

touche' >>

Can't you control your answer to a question ?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear