Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stack Bowers Shipping

Recently purchases some coins from the last Stacks Bowers auction. Does anyone know how long they take to ship the coins

Thanks

George
coins are my life

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They move pretty slow so up to 3 weeks on average isn't uncommon.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    From my experiences, usually a couple of weeks. They're nowhere near as fast as Heritage if that's what you're used to.
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Stacks-Bowers is the slowest of all the auction companies to ship, even if you pay by bank wire.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One word - Slowly
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Painfully slow. I fully expect that I will NOT have the coins I just paid for by the Long Beach show in 3 weeks... unless I drive to Irvine and pick up the coins myself, which I have done before image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a call from them and they asked me if I wanted to pick up my lots yesterday in irvine. Great service for the locals. Wondercoin. Edited to add... these are the new orleans auction coins that just ended 3 days ago!!
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Edited to add... these are the new orleans auction coins that just ended 3 days ago!! >>

I very seriously doubt that the uniformity of the "slow shipping" comments is referencing the recently closed New Orleans auction. My personal comment pertains to every auction shipment that I couldn't pick up in person for the last two years.
  • Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    Couple weeks. Bought two coins in the last auction and they shipped them to me in one of the viewing coin boxes. The box the held Morgans starting with the 1884's. Never got one before, thought it was a nice touch.
  • Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slowest shipping in the biz by far ... but its what one has to put up with for some of their more unique offerings.
    I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stacks-Bowers is the slowest of all the auction companies to ship, even if you pay by bank wire. >>

True... and may have other issues.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stacks-Bowers is the slowest of all the auction companies to ship, even if you pay by bank wire. >>

Fortunately, they are located about 8 miles from me. I just go and pick them up. image

But, yeah, I'm sure it's frustrating...

jom
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Painfully slow. I fully expect that I will NOT have the coins I just paid for by the Long Beach show in 3 weeks... unless I drive to Irvine and pick up the coins myself, which I have done before image >>

Was surprised early this week to find an email from Stacks/Bowers that my auctions lots had already shipped. Even more surprised to get them in the mail yesterday, roughly a week after they invoiced me and I had paid. This is much improved over past experiences with them and I am very impressed. Well done!!!

• Options
    BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very, very slow
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of weeks by my experience.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I received my auction coin package yesterday, May 24. I thought the shipping time was quite good.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    I've found one nice thing about winning lots from either Heritage or Stack's Bowers is that usually by the time the coins show up I have pretty much forgotten what I've won, so it's like a whole new surprise package arriving in the mail.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially if that coin is a moose!image

• Options
    I won a lot on the last auction, I don't expect it for at least a couple of weeks...
  • Options

I know this is an old thread but I just won on a barber quarter in stacks blue moon 2 auction. I was curious when should I expect the coin (which I really overpaid for but hey, live and learn) at my door step. I only live four hours from their office in CA. My rookie mistake was not factoring in tax and shipping! Used to winning a few auctions on ebay and not paying tax.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BennyW said:
    I know this is an old thread but I just won on a barber quarter in stacks blue moon 2 auction. I was curious when should I expect the coin (which I really overpaid for but hey, live and learn) at my door step. I only live four hours from their office in CA. My rookie mistake was not factoring in tax and shipping! Used to winning a few auctions on ebay and not paying tax.

Those aren't bad rookie mistakes. At least you didn't forget about backing out the 17.5% buyer's fee from your bid.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file