Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

666 posts- let's see some red toning! (giveaway precursor- WINNER ANNOUNCED!)

***WINNER ANNOUNCED***

I just realized that I've reached 666 posts (not including this one, obviously). Amongst many, as you know, the number "666" is rumored to have association with evil, Satan, hell, etc.

Now, I'm hosting my first giveaway when I get to 1,000 posts- but as a "precursor" to the giveaway, I have an idea- post up (any) coin with a fire-red patina. The one I like best will get 10 extra "raffle entries" into my 1,000 post giveaway. It can be yours, it can be someone else's. One post per person, of course.

Disclaimer: I am not Satanist, I just thought this could be interesting.

Have fun!

Edited to add: I will end this little "contest" on Saturday...the 6th day of the week.
Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
Pre-Jump Grade Project
Toned Commemoratives

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Not my coin . . . Just one that I thought was COOL as all getout so saved pic.

Hope the owner doesn't mind ! ! !

HH

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many years ago I went to U of SF for a Master's degree. It is a Jesuit school. One thing that I found highly amusing was that the first 3 digits of their phone number was 666.

Congrats on making it to your 666th post.

• Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    That 1885o Morgan looks familiar! image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That 1885o Morgan looks familiar! image >>

An old friend of yours? image
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

ABimage
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 1899 IHC is amazing Wayne.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want FIRE? You got it!

• Options
    Actually, on the molecular level the human flesh is composed of 6 protons, 6 neutrons,and 6 electrons.Ironically it is the same as"dirt".
    Mark Anderson
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    Wow. Brilliant coins. Keyman64, that dime looks like murder just happened ON it. Keep 'em coming, everyone!
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No evil coins in my collection, but these old friends stick out in my memory:

Dark Red:

Vortex of black darkness:
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    OK everyone, this result is a little overdue, but seeing as this is my 999th post, I should call out a winner, as my 1000 post giveaway will be up as soon as I think of a clever contest.

Truth is, there were a ton of really good red-toned coins, and though I'm not a big fan of Morgan dollars, some of those put up had some really attractive deep hues going on.

If I had to pick a coin for being the "most evil," however, I have to give credit to keyman64's 1931 dime. It looked like someone murdered, and the blood spilled on the obverse. keyman64, you'll get some extra entries put into my 1000th post giveaway. Congrats.

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK everyone, this result is a little overdue, but seeing as this is my 999th post, I should call out a winner, as my 1000 post giveaway will be up as soon as I think of a clever contest.

Truth is, there were a ton of really good red-toned coins, and though I'm not a big fan of Morgan dollars, some of those put up had some really attractive deep hues going on.

If I had to pick a coin for being the "most evil," however, I have to give credit to keyman64's 1931 dime. It looked like someone murdered, and the blood spilled on the obverse. keyman64, you'll get some extra entries put into my 1000th post giveaway. Congrats. >>

Sweet! image

I think that was the auction photo back in the day. I actually re-photographed it recently and it came out like this...
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually, on the molecular level the human flesh is composed of 6 protons, 6 neutrons,and 6 electrons.Ironically it is the same as"dirt". >>

genesis 2:7...weird!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file