Home Metal Detecting
Options

lots of silvers today 5-11-13

took a friend to the famous golden gate park in SF. i have not dug here in maybe 2 years. its usually very hard to get much here anymore. back in the 1980's early 90's, it was easy to dig silver halves, barbers, indian cents or whatever. today was actually a good day. first oldie was an 1891 mexican 10 centavos. my friend dug an 1891 V nickel soon after. after that it was all me. dog pendant is sterling. V is 1910, 45 merc 62 roosie, cash coin, solid silver utensil parts.
this is my friend

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a solid haul of silver. Can only imagine what it was like detecting in the 60s, 70s and 80s. What kind of detector do you use?
  • Options
    demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    whites dfx. friend uses minelab, but hes having trouble learning it. i dig circles around him. hes too concerned with the display numbers. i dig all tones and ignore the screen mostly.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    took me a while to figure out my e-trac, but as you said, it's really a good idea to dig as many targets as you can and ignore the numbers on the screen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great haul... silver is always nice in any form. You are right about the numbers.... they are indicators and by no means definitive, the motto of the successful MD'r...dig everything, miss nothing.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Damn, kicking myself for not getting out while I was in the area. I recently spend about 9 months over in the Bay area (Fairfield), I'm back in Tennessee now.

Edited to add, nice finds image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great haul, indeed. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.