Home Metal Detecting

May 5, 2013 - 9 Silvers, 5 Buffalos, 3 Vs, 3 IHCs, and a Fossil!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Got out Friday, Saturday, and Today. Friday yielded not much more than a 1916 Buffalo and an older Yale lock. Neither is posted. Yesterday got a couple wheats, and maybe some kind of store token, but it is toast and isn't pictured. Today was another gorgeous today, with perfect warmth and sunshine.

Hit a park area that I THOUGHT I hit well last year... apparently not. The good thing is that most of the stuff was deeper, so at least the shallow stuff was removed last year. First coin was a Buffalo nickel.

Will spare the details of the order things were found, so here's a list of what came out:

A Fossil watch! It's water resistant to 100 meters, so the inside actually looks good. The crystal is a bit beat up, but I think a new battery should have her working again. That was a nice surprise.

8 Silver coins -
1917 Merc
1943-P WTN
1944-P WTN
1871 Canada 5 Cents
1962-D Roosie
1944-P WTN
1944 Merc
1942-P WTN

Sterling what I believe was an outside piece for a pocket knife - very thin

5 Buffalo Nickels - 192?, 1937, 3 dateless
3+ V Nickels - 1895, 1910, 1911, and something slick, might be a slug, might be a V nickel, not sure
3 IHCs - 1891, 1904, 1903
6 Wheats - 1944, 194?, 1918 (was attached to WTN), 1937, 1924, 1946

1 Bubble gum machine ring
1 child's band - gold tone but no markings
1 signet ring - I believe the mark reads "1/60 10k". This means 1/60th of the weight of the ring is 10k gold. Saw the 10k first! Then saw the fraction, DOH!

Neat little gun something or other, might have mother of pearl handles?

Gold Filled Cuff link - looked gold at first.

Can't wait to get back to see what else was missed. Hoping some gold will show up. HH all!

Comments

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    You are the Merc Dime and War Nick King! Great finds!

I bet not many people on here say that they have found "time' while MD'ing. Nice watch.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW... great hunt.... quite a variety of finds..... Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a great variety of nice finds ya got there image
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You are the Merc Dime and War Nick King! Great finds!

I bet not many people on here say that they have found "time' while MD'ing. Nice watch. >>

haha, thanks! Beginning to wonder if there are any silver quarters left... all 5-cents and 10 cents so far this year. There have to be some out there, right?
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take silver of any kindimage I wonder what the people were doing at the time they lost all of these coins?
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice booty
    LCoopie = Les