Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Kim Kiick named new ANA executive director

DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
From the ANA press release:

Veteran ANA employee Kim Kiick named Executive Director
Board Also to Retain Management Consultant

Kim Kiick, a long-time senior manager and Director of Operations at the American Numismatic Association, has been named the Association’s new executive director, replacing Jeff Shevlin, whose contract was not renewed by the ANA Board of Governors.

Kiick, who began her ANA career in 1982, supervised day-to-day operations as interim executive director from August 2011 through June 2012. She previously served as executive assistant to Executive Director Edward C. Rochette, Associate Executive Director of Operations, Membership and IT Operations Manager and Senior Administrative Manager.

“Kim has been an exemplary employee of the ANA for more than 30 years, and has been very effective in a leadership capacity for the past several years,” said ANA President Tom Hallenbeck. “I strongly believe that the leader the ANA has searched for during the past few years has been on staff all along. Kim is well respected by ANA staff, the Board of Governors and by virtually every member of the Association who has met her.

“She brings a valued perspective that only a seasoned employee can have, and has repeatedly demonstrated her leadership skills over the past several years,” said Hallenbeck. “Her experience includes working closely with eight different Boards over the past 15 years. She knows the organization inside and out and understands the Association’s educational mission.”

Kiick will assume her new responsibilities immediately. “My goal is to work with the Board of Governors and our membership to build excitement for our hobby and ensure the growth and health of our Association,” she said. “In 31 years, I’ve seen the best and worst of times and I hope the next few years will allow us to celebrate our collective successes. We need to embrace our member and dealer communities to assist us in preserving and growing the hobby and our Association.”

Hallenbeck emphasized that Kiick’s selection provides for a smooth transition with no disruption of ANA services and programs to collectors and dealers. “The New Orleans National Money Show, Summer Seminar, work on the new website, major projects in the ANA Library and Museum plus all the other excellent services and programs provided to members and nonmembers for the betterment of the hobby are moving forward as planned,” he said.

Hallenbeck also said the ANA is retaining Unlimited Potential, a Colorado Springs-based management consultant firm, to work with the Executive Director, Board of Governors and staff to increase the effectiveness of each and to improve communications and leadership skills.

Unlimited Potential President Beth Papiano outlined several deliverables to include, among other things:

• Helping the new Executive Director understand her role as well as the Board’s expectations;
• Working with the outgoing and incoming President to define short-term goals and priorities for the Executive Director;
• Aligning the new Board, Executive Director and staff on ANA goals and roles and expectations for each in communication, self-assessment, prioritization and staff engagement processes;
• Strategic planning, and
• Developing organizational structure, skills and support systems to build a work culture that results in high performance and satisfaction.

“As a Board, we believe it is extremely important to create a highly effective team ensuring that the ANA’s governors, executive staff and staff are working effectively for the best interests of our members and the hobby,” Hallenbeck said. “I believe this commitment to increasing our effectiveness will benefit everyone in the hobby and keep us focused on accomplishing our goals.”

The American Numismatic Association is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to educating and encouraging people to study and collect money and related items. With nearly 27,000 members, the Association serves the academic community, collectors and the general public with an interest in numismatics. The ANA helps all people discover and explore the world of money through its vast array of programs including its education and outreach, museum, library, publications, conventions and seminars. For more information about the ANA, call 719-632-2646 or go to www.money.org.

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She basically ran the place between Larry leaving and Jeff starting. Good choice.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Rick, last year you said that Jeff was a good choice.

So, what's the over/under on how long she lasts?

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hope the revolving door doesn't slap her in the fanny soon.......
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Not an easy position to fill, even for a veteran staff member.

Best wishes to her.

• Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That "search" for a replacement didn't take to long. Wonder how her contract reads?
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    I can see it now... "Kiick Kicked Out"
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will it be tomorrow?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    A female? When Peggy Hofmann was appointed ED in 1998, she pledged to end the "good-old-boy" and "business-as-usual" stuff. After 2 months of the "good-old-boys" complaining that she knows nothing about coins or the realities of the market, plus various misogynist comments on CoinNet and FACTS, usually using the C word , she was fired, then sued and won a settlement.

When Jeff was hired, the ANA board said "WE CAN'T LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!" Then he was "relieved of duties" before the end of his contract, so the ANA will either have to pay him for doing nothing or face a lawsuit from him...

Where that popcorn thingy???

Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    Give the lady a chance.
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Rick, last year you said that Jeff was a good choice.

He was, and my opinion has not changed.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have meet Kim and wish her the best.
    She is going to need it.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Give the lady a chance. >>

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh goody. Now I can get back to reading Burdette's Book, "From Mine to Mint" , and hopefully finish it without any more interruptions or drama.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Kim Kiick is a great choice. She has the experience and knowledge necessary, plus she always listens when someone makes a suggestion.

Hopefully this will be a success for everyone involved.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto - Yes, as I well know, the coin world is very male dominated, but Kim obviously has been in the business for quite some time so maybe she can offer a different and perhaps refreshing perspective as ED of the ANA - and just maybe she will be the one who can keep those board members in line! ;-)
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    All I can say is this...

Kim has my total support.

njcc
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everyone here is more than willing to give her a chance and wish her the greatest success. It's the ANA Board of Governors that concerns me given their batting average with keeping Executive Directors.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think everyone here is more than willing to give her a chance and wish her the greatest success. It's the ANA Board of Governors that concerns me given their batting average with keeping Executive Directors. >>

Eggs actly.

Does the ANA provide enough post mortem to the new people so they can avoid the revolving door?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I too wish Kim all the best. I do hope that this ED does "stick". And I think she will.

I do wonder that after 10 months of doing the job last year as acting ED, she may have developed a level of job performance that Jeff was just not able to equal. Is it possible that Jeff was let go because the board started comparing results during Kim's acting ED period with Jeff's results this past year and realized they had made a mistake in hiring Jeff instead of Kim last year? I DO wonder? Steveimage
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All I can say is this...

njcc >>

And anyone who's dealt with ANA over the years knows her to be both sharp and knowledgeable about how ANA operates.

And thanks to Greg for his dispassionate rationality. image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ditto - Yes, as I well know, the coin world is very male dominated, but Kim obviously has been in the business for quite some time so maybe she can offer a different and perhaps refreshing perspective as ED of the ANA - and just maybe she will be the one who can keep those board members in line! ;-) >>

LOL! Until you are around! image
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest concern is the process of how the ANA Board of Directors picks the executive director.

Apparently the process itself is quite suspect. This is what needs to be investigated and made more thorough.

While the selection of Kim Kiick may be an excellent one, it would have been a smarter move to have named her as an interim executive director given such suspect selection process and recent track record of retaining recent ED hires.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hallenbeck also said the ANA is retaining Unlimited Potential, a Colorado Springs-based management consultant firm, to work with the Executive Director, Board of Governors and staff to increase the effectiveness of each and to improve communications and leadership skills. >>

Wonder what they are paying this outfit?

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone who posted in favor of Laura will support this female ED with the same enthusiasm.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they decided to get a consulting firm. I supported the idea but I didn't think it would actually happen.

Perhaps they were reading the forum image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's the ANA Board of Governors that concerns me given their batting average with keeping Executive Directors. >>

Like it or not, the ANA is a business, and until it is run by people with business sense and experience, we will continue to see issues that demonstrate lack of managerial competence. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    GeorgeKelloggGeorgeKellogg Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    I'm going to bet that Ms. Kiick will be highly successful in her new position. She has already held the job and passed with flying colors. Good luck and Godspeed!
    "Clamorous for Coin"
  • Options
    IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think everyone here is more than willing to give her a chance and wish her the greatest success. It's the ANA Board of Governors that concerns me given their batting average with keeping Executive Directors. >>

No need to be so specific. It is not just their batting average with Directors -- I have questions
    about nearly everything they have done over the past 5 years. What in the world is going through
    the heads of the ANA Board? Seriously! It can't just be the altitude!
  • Options
    I will support Kim not because she's a woman, but because she's Executive Director of the ANA. I have met Kim and worked with her as part of the Technology Committee and think she's a fine person and dedicated to the mission of the ANA. I wish her nothing but the best!

Besides, this stuff regarding labels based on physical characteristics (age, race, sex, etc.) doesn't make sense to me. It never has and it never will!

oreville:

<< <i>My biggest concern is the process of how the ANA Board of Directors picks the executive director.

Apparently the process itself is quite suspect. This is what needs to be investigated and made more thorough.

While the selection of Kim Kiick may be an excellent one, it would have been a smarter move to have named her as an interim executive director given such suspect selection process and recent track record of retaining recent ED hires. >>

I agree. However, I believe Kim was the "acting" ED after Shepherd and before Shevlin. The board could make the argument that her past performance was part of the audition.

ricko:

<< <i>Like it or not, the ANA is a business, and until it is run by people with business sense and experience, we will continue to see issues that demonstrate lack of managerial competence. >>

There is almost a feel of that the organization is being run like a big coin club. It definitely needs more business discipline. There are a few people running for the Board who have managed more than a coin business. There is nothing wrong with a coin business, but it is not the same as running a larger organization with a lot of assets and a lot of people. Think about that in the upcoming election.

LochNESS:

<< <i>I'm pleasantly surprised that they decided to get a consulting firm. I supported the idea but I didn't think it would actually happen. >>

Don't get your hopes up too high on this. I have been researching the firm and it looks like a one person shop that started in 2011 by a person who might have been laid off during the recent recession. That person hung a shingle and went to work. While I have no problems with someone making a living doing this type of work for themselves, the ANA needs a more experienced person at this point or someone who is a former president/CEO of another non-profit for this position. I am not sure that the person hired has the experience or background for what the ANA really needs.

I am in the process of contacting people I know and other resources in the non-profit community for references to executive consulting firms who have helped turn around non-profits or have helped non-profits in crisis. Should I be elected to the Board of Governors, my first motion will be to hire one of these companies to review the ANA operations. If I am not elected, I will give my research to the new Board and let them decide with a strong recommendation from a member who has managed multi-million dollar and security sensitive projects.

Scott
    Scott Barman for ANA Board of Governors http://vote4scott.info
    Coin Collectors Blog http://coinsblog.ws
  • Options

<< <i>
    Don't get your hopes up too high on this. I have been researching the firm and it looks like a one person shop that started in 2011 by a person who might have been laid off during the recent recession. That person hung a shingle and went to work. While I have no problems with someone making a living doing this type of work for themselves, the ANA needs a more experienced person at this point or someone who is a former president/CEO of another non-profit for this position. I am not sure that the person hired has the experience or background for what the ANA really needs.

I am in the process of contacting people I know and other resources in the non-profit community for references to executive consulting firms who have helped turn around non-profits or have helped non-profits in crisis. Should I be elected to the Board of Governors, my first motion will be to hire one of these companies to review the ANA operations. If I am not elected, I will give my research to the new Board and let them decide with a strong recommendation from a member who has managed multi-million dollar and security sensitive projects.

Scott >>

Scott, I hope your above comment about the research firm is based on solid information. On the surface, that comment is damming to the board if true based on my perception of what is needed. I would appreciate if Greg could comment here either agreeing or disputing Scott's comment.

It is a shame that these bulletin boards are used to allow members of the ANA to receive important information rather than receiving it directly from the leadership of the ANA. Here is a case where I as a member want to know more about the company that is going to assist Kim, the board, and the staff of the ANA in becoming better. I think others want to know more too. I recognize Scott is running for the board but the true answer concerning this consulting firm may have a significant effect as to how I vote in June. JMHO. Steveimage
  • Options
    GregLGregL Posts: 470

<< <i>I would appreciate if Greg could comment here either agreeing or disputing Scott's comment. >>

Unlimited Potential is a company that has done other work with the ANA and was recommended to us either via our HR consulting firm or legal counsel. (I forget which without having to look through a number of emails.)

<< <i>It is a shame that these bulletin boards are used to allow members of the ANA to receive important information rather than receiving it directly from the leadership of the ANA. Here is a case where I as a member want to know more about the company that is going to assist Kim, the board, and the staff of the ANA in becoming better. I think others want to know more too. >>

I might suggest that bulletin boards, such as this one, are not the best source of "important information" that you are looking for. If there are specific questions, they are best directed to the ANA Board or ANA HQ. Trust me, the ANA officers and staff do not spend significant amounts of time on here to find a random request for additional information. On the other hand, most board members will quickly respond to specific questions they are sent

Greg
    Greg Lyon, ANA Board of Governors 2011-2017 -- The views represented here are my own personal opinions and do not represent those of the American Numismatic Association.
  • Options

<< <i>Don't get your hopes up too high on this. I have been researching the firm and it looks like a one person shop that started in 2011 by a person who might have been laid off during the recent recession. That person hung a shingle and went to work. >>

Not trying to stir the pot here (well, too much), but with 30 seconds of searching online I was able to find multiple sources of information which indicates what you've claimed is incorrect.

Greg
    Greg Lyon, ANA Board of Governors 2011-2017 -- The views represented here are my own personal opinions and do not represent those of the American Numismatic Association.
  • Options
    Thanks Greg,
    I checked Unlimited Potential on the web and it does operate out of Colorado Springs. From what I see it is far from a one man operation. Scott, do you have any comment? These boards DO serve a purpose, at least to me, in chosing who I vote for in June to be on the ANA board.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    All I can say is this...

njcc

And mine as well.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    Good luck but their not getting me back as a member.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is that if I'm Shevlin, I am ticked off right now. Big time. If Ms. Kiick is/was so highly regarded before (and I've no reason to think she wasn't btw), then why didn't she get offered the permanent position from the get go rather than have someone interview, move thousands of miles, uproot the family, costing the wife a job with benefits and retirement, only to get the boot after a few months? And yes, I've heard that he supposedly intended to move to Colorado Springs anyway, but does anyone really think that obtaining this position wasn't the deciding factor for the move? Sorry but I can't help but feel like this guy got hosed somehow.

Edit for clarity.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    Not really sure how to feel about this decision. Got it in my inbox yesterday. I think they should do more research before naming ANOTHER director.
    Taylor
    Also known as coinman101---
    I am a YN and I do not want anybody to question my IQ Level! I don't know everything and came here to learn! image
  • Options
    GregL

<< <i><< Don't get your hopes up too high on this. I have been researching the firm and it looks like a one person shop that started in 2011 by a person who might have been laid off during the recent recession. That person hung a shingle and went to work. >>
    Not trying to stir the pot here (well, too much), but with 30 seconds of searching online I was able to find multiple sources of information which indicates what you've claimed is incorrect. >>

*** IF THERE WAS A WAY TO STRIKE THROUGH THIS LINE I WOULD! GregL: I think I am pretty good with the Google-fu. I have not found anything. If you have something tangible feel free to post it or send it to me privately. You know my email. I have no problems admitting when I am wrong when the evidence is presented. ***

To correct the record, there is a Trade Name registered to Beth Papiano according to the Colorado Secretary of State's website. I guess when I asked the person I called, they did not search trade names. This means that Papiano is a d/b/a (doing business as) and if something goes wrong, I hope she has the insurance to cover it because everything is on her personally since there are no incorporation papers.

<< <i>Thanks Greg,
    I checked Unlimited Potential on the web and it does operate out of Colorado Springs. From what I see it is far from a one man operation. Scott, do you have any comment? These boards DO serve a purpose, at least to me, in chosing who I vote for in June to be on the ANA board.
    Steveimage >>

I am in the process of gathering more evidence. *** EDITED TO REMOVE UNNECESSARY INFORMATION ***

Does it mean that Ms. Papiano is not qualified? It means without further context from Ms. Papiano AND the Board, there are more questions about this decision.

As for where to discuss these issue: The Board should welcome the discussion regardless of where it occurs. It shows that people are interested. I would be upset if people were not interested. In fact, I am upset that more people are not interested. There are over 25,000 members of the ANA. We need more members to be as interested!

I am sure the ANA Board of Governors would like for this issue to go away quietly. Unfortunately, it looks like they rushed into this decision in an attempt to make it go away quickly. They did not extend the same courtesy as was extended to them: The previous Board deferred the selection of the executive director so that the current board, who would have to work with the new ED, would make the decision. This Board is not extending the same courtesy to their successors. Whatever happens, this will be their legacy. I hope it goes well for the ANA!

Scott
    Scott Barman for ANA Board of Governors http://vote4scott.info
    Coin Collectors Blog http://coinsblog.ws
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    American Numismatic Association

...it's a family affair, and like my mom (RIP) was known to say, "... just put the fun back in disfunction, it will be okay".
  • Options
    Scott,
    I'm still confused by your answers to Greg and me above. (1) Are you now recinding your statement that Unlimited Potential and Beth Papiano are "a one man operation?" (yes or no) and (2) Are you defending your position that the ANA Board should look further into whether or not Unlimited Potential should be hired? (yes or no) It appears to me you are saying "yes" to question (1) and "yes" to question (2). Please clarify. Thanks.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    In less than 5 seconds, I found this website that refers to an Unlimited Potential business based in Colorado Springs, CO:Link

It says Beth Papiano founded Unlimited Potential in 2004.

Edited to fix link
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a management consultant, I bill at the low end of that market, and if I did that work and billed my standard rates, you guys would all be pi$$ed.

Best of luck to everyone involved. She has been there long enough that it's unlikely we'll have another scandal. On the other hand, if everyone likes and respects her, will she actually get anything done?

I would like to see someone who will work with Legend, et al, to clean out a couple of crooks from the industry, and that's not someone who will get along with everyone.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    In addition to the link provided by fooddude to Unlimited Potential's website, Beth Papiano does have a profile on LinkedIn which gives her full resume and work experience.

Of course, I suppose you could claim that everyone posted on UP's website and LinkedIn is fabricated, but I tend to give a reasonable doubt to someone who is trying to run their own business mainly through referrals and testimonials.

Greg

• Options

<< <i>They did not extend the same courtesy as was extended to them: The previous Board deferred the selection of the executive director so that the current board, who would have to work with the new ED, would make the decision. This Board is not extending the same courtesy to their successors. Whatever happens, this will be their legacy. I hope it goes well for the ANA! >>

I think you need to brush up on your ANA history. There has not been any case (at least dating back to Cipoletti) where an ED was let go by one board with the successor chosen by a different board. Cipoletti was let go in October, 2007 with Shepherd hired in March, 2008. Shepherd was let go in August, 2011 (by the 2011-2013 board) with Shevlin hired in May, 2012.

Greg
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    "Fooddude" ... that's "Foodude", not Fooddude image
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options

<< <i>"Fooddude" ... that's "Foodude", not Fooddude image >>

Sorry.. I had just finished lunch.. I guess my mind was still focused on that! image

greg
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    Coin World is reporting that Ms. Kiick was hired under a 3-year contract.

Interesting.

Can you confirm this, Greg L.?
  • Options

<< <i>Coin World is reporting that Ms. Kiick was hired under a 3-year contract.

Interesting.

Can you confirm this, Greg L.? >>

Once again, this is a personnel related issue which I cannot go into great detail about. I will confirm what Tom Hallenbeck said -- that Kiick has a three-year employment agreement with the ANA.

Greg
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Kim be responsible for the quality and selection of cafeteria food at Summer Seminar, or is this a Board matter?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will Kim be responsible for the quality and selection of cafeteria food at Summer Seminar, or is this a Board matter? >>

That is a Colorado College matter.

Back when I was out there, the Summer Seminar always coincided with a CC summer dance class program, that took their lunches at the same time we did. Of course the young ladies did not have time to change for lunch. What a bunch of dirty old men the students (and instructors) were!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file