Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1877CC $20

Can someone give me an idea how much is a 1877CC $20 PCGS AU55 is worth? The coin is in a 1st generation (blueish grey label) PCGS holder.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere around $7000.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The past couple auctions are between 7400 and 9300.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    If I were to sell my coin for $7250 on the BST board, will that be reasonable?

Thank you gents for your info and input.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these prices are pretty accurate. Good pics on the BST and it could sell. Remember it is a
    pricey coin so may not pop instantly. Will you do trades?

Can we see pics?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    This is a reply to all those who PM me showing their interest in the coin. Thanks so much for that.

Unfortunately, the guy who usually takes pictures for me is away for a couple of days, so I won't be able to upload any pictures until Fri or Sat. As I aforementioned, the coin is in a 1st generation PCGS holder AU55 with NO problem or damage. The 1st generation PCGS holders I understand, carry a slight premium over the new ones because I believe PCGS was a little bit more conservative then and also it would NOT slab any problem coins. My price is $7250 Pay Pal gift or money owed + $35 s/h FIRM. I have been a member of this forum (the currency side) for several yeas with thousands of postings. For those who trust me to buy this coin "sight unseen", will have a first crack at it - of course with return privilege and I'll send the coin out to you on Thursday. Please PM me if interested. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Sorry, the coin has been sold. Thanks again for your interest.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    this should have gone into the bst section me thinks
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they did way more net grading back then.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st generation bluish grey?? Would love to see a pic of that unique slab.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>this should have gone into the bst section me thinks >>

It should have but it started out with me asking for the approximate value of the coin so I was debating which section my post to be placed.
  • Options

<< <i>Actually, they did way more net grading back then. >>

If my memory serves me correctly, when PCGS first started it wouldn't slab any coins that had any problem - even slight cleaning. The coins must be 100% problem free because of the company's guaranty of "sight unseen" tradings. I think "net" probably came in a few years later.
  • Options

<< <i>Here is a PCGS example that sold strong: http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=1175&lotNo=6237

CC $20s can go for ridiculous money. I saw a leading dealer offering a common cc date in XF for a huge premium over bid. >>

Indeed. With Heritage, you can never tell what you'll get, sometimes it can go way high and sometimes it can go way low. Sellers have much better control on eBay than with Heritage, IMO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file