Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mini hoard of EOR toners pics inside

Just picked these up
Theyre all 1963 P roosie end of rollers from the midwest. I didnt pick up the last one since it was just a crusty black.
They are more neon and vibrant in hand not pastel like the photos show.
Hope you guys enjoy

Looking forward to learning more about coins from fellow well respected numismatists

Comments

• Options
    lol..
  • Options
    Hello,

Hmm. Well, a lot of coins I have seen that look like that are either in a pile of stuff near a dirty laundry machine with half dried soap nearby, or are deliberate AT. image Others might have different opinions/experience.

Best wishes,
    Eric

Edited to add: I would suggest looking at the threads here about color and also searching through various websites and making notes, mental or otherwise, about color and so on. If you can get to a coin show by you and look around that would be better - nothing like in the hand. A young collector ought to look more than acquire IMHO. In short - you will save money. image
  • Options
    Another for the night crowd.
    Looking forward to learning more about coins from fellow well respected numismatists
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hello Freddie,

have you compared this look to other EOR toners?

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the appear as authentic dimes to me, the toning however...questionable

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.
    the appear as authentic dimes to me, the toning however...questionable
    . >>

I was thinking the same thing, but really hate being the bearer of bad news . . . image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to agree with the previous comments. If these were true eond of roll toners, then the side not facing the outside would be white, not toned as these. The dimes do look to be uncirculated, but the toning is definitely questionable in my opinion.

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NT.. thoughts about AT discount the established fact that there CAN be seepage from the chemicals in the wrapper that affects both sides of the coins and/or multiple coins in the roll. Certain 1939-D 10c's (all from two rolls found in PA) have amazing color that often bled onto the reverse. Even without reverse toning, how else would so many coins from the same roll(s) have such amazing color?. Consider the tightness of the wrapper, lack of uniformity of various wrappers and varying environmental factors involved.

And, considering the value of the coins involved, why would anyone bother to use any AT process on them?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    I'm willing to bet the coins look different in hand. I think this is a perfect case of poor imaging so calling them AT/NT from those pics is just a pure guess. People AT low value coins all the time for either practice or profit. A 1963 dime in ms66 with monster color will sell for much more than one without.
  • Options
    JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154

<< <i>NT.. thoughts about AT discount the established fact the there CAN be seepage from the chemicals in the wrapper that affects both sides of the coins and/or multiple coins in the roll. Certain 1939-D 10c's (all from two rolls found in PA) have amazing color that often bled onto the reverse. Even without reverse toning, how else would so many coins from the same roll(s) have such amazing color?. Consider the tightness of the wrapper, lack of uniformity of various wrappers and varying environmental factors involved.

And, considering the value of the coins involved, why would anyone bother to use any AT process on them? >>

Practice.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    Although not for me, I believe these are NT in some pretty unfavorable environmental conditions.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NT.. thoughts about AT discount the established fact the there CAN be seepage from the chemicals in the wrapper that affects both sides of the coins and/or multiple coins in the roll. Certain 1939-D 10c's (all from two rolls found in PA) have amazing color that often bled onto the reverse. Even without reverse toning, how else would so many coins from the same roll(s) have such amazing color?. Consider the tightness of the wrapper, lack of uniformity of various wrappers and varying environmental factors involved.

And, considering the value of the coins involved, why would anyone bother to use any AT process on them?

I bought a roll of 1964-D Kennedys with toning on both sides of every coin due to "less than archival" storage conditions. I still have 16 of them, and PCGS has certified all 4 of the ones I submitted to them, and another of the ones that I sold to a forum member.

I also have a bunch of original rolls of 1958-P and 1959-P Roosies with vibrant toning on the end coins. Those colors are entirely correct and possible.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You indicate they look different in hand. How about better, more accurate, pics?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about better, more accurate, pics?

imageimageimage

I'm guessing that his coins look lots better than his initial pics.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    Don't like the colors. Here is a Roosie that I have with NT. While there are some blues and pinks, they're much more subdued.

Also and EOR Lincoln where you can see the reverse has stayed bright red while the obverse has some interesting colors.

I think these are examples of NT and NT EOR toners.

GMan
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>... Practice. >>

As toning results vary based on series and even dates within a series, considering Roosies, why bother? Anyone risking doing this, even after good results on the same date, with a 67FB coin?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because most things are a certain way doesn't mean all things are that way.

CJ - image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file