Home Metal Detecting
Options

Poison Ivy gone, got out a couple times this weekend

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
The past week wasn't fun at all with poison ivy, but fortunately it's mostly gone and I was able to get out this weekend. Paranoid of getting it again, or that some of the oil wasn't washed away from something. So far so good.

Got out yesterday with a buddy. Picked up a 1943-P WTN, and a bent 1924 merc. Also three older buttons - one is definitely tombac, not sure of the other two.

Met up today with another buddy. Nothing too old (a few wheat cents but haven't checked them yet). Pretty much newer pocket change - about $7, and a random sinker. This place holds a flea market now and again, so picked up two sets of earrings, a plated dragon charm, two keys for something, maybe a belly button ring?, part of a sheath tip?, and a dog. Overall an eclectic mix of finds today.

HH all!

Comments

• Options
    The dog looks like a monopoly game token. Cool finds!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite an assortment there... neat old keys... I have a very large old key found by an aquaintance in Wales.... it was in the dirt by an old Welch castle.... he stubbed his toe on it and dug it out..... I looked up the castle and it has an old, interesting history. No idea what the key could have been used for ..about fourteen inches long, weighs about a pound and a half. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    69--I wondered where you were. I almost started a thread of "Where's 69". Poison Ivy is no fun. I'm glad your finding stuff. I haven't been out for 2 wks. I'm ready for some one room school fields.

Ricko--Maybe the key was from a "Latch Key Kid" image
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Quite an assortment there... neat old keys... I have a very large old key found by an aquaintance in Wales.... it was in the dirt by an old Welch castle.... he stubbed his toe on it and dug it out..... I looked up the castle and it has an old, interesting history. No idea what the key could have been used for ..about fourteen inches long, weighs about a pound and a half. Cheers, RickO >>

Hey RickO, WOW, what a beast of a key your buddy found! Can you imagine trying to lug that thing around. Sounds like it was rather important at some point in time. Those keys from yesterday... I'm not sure they're particularly old. Since it was a flea market, it's possible it's from some cheesy set of handcuffs, or decorative piece.

<< <i>69--I wondered where you were. I almost started a thread of "Where's 69". Poison Ivy is no fun. I'm glad your finding stuff. I haven't been out for 2 wks. I'm ready for some one room school fields.

Ricko--Maybe the key was from a "Latch Key Kid" image >>

Hey Bob, it's good to get out again. Hope you'll be able to get out soon. It's back to some serious detecting now!
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The dog looks like a monopoly game token. Cool finds! >>

I thought that dog looked familiar! I think it is the Monopoly dog.
    Ed
  • Options
    love the fishing weight!!!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you imagine trying to lug that thing around. >>

image Yeah, certainly would not have been on a 'ring' with many others like that....My 'guess' is that is was for a main gate of some sort....Cheers, RickO