Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How is this any better than selling gum/wrappers/box?

4SC

Seriously?

EDIT: I have contacted them and said I am not bidding on another of their auctions until they apologize and end that auction...like they don't make enough money already.
75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!

Comments

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4SC

Seriously?

EDIT: I have contacted them and said I am not bidding on another auction until they apologize and end that auction...like they don't make enough money already. >>

I seen that a few days ago. Its a sad day when people will sell their name and integrity
    for a few bucksimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm naive but don't some people collect boxes and wrappers, more so boxes than wrappers? I dont fully understand the problem with selling old wax pack boxes.
    Is it because people think that whoever buys items like this will just re-package these cards and sell them as un-opened?
  • Options
    Ummm... what am I missing? I'm not familiar with Baseball. Are those packs of cards resealed?
  • Options

<< <i>Ummm... what am I missing? I'm not familiar with Baseball. Are those packs of cards resealed? >>

I understand the box...but what is the purpose of the headers for rack packs other than a necessary ingredient for fraud...but I guess in the long run - counterfeiters can just print new headers anyways.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    For me, its not so much the item being sold as the intended audience the seller is targeting.
    There is no doubt in my mind who the seller is looking for to buy this lot. That kinda money
    for a display box WITH HEADERS, lets get real. Maybe the buyer will just display it, cool. But
    the intent of the seller is what stands out here.

I know, folks are gonna say, "you dont know what the seller is thinking" and that is true, but
    what I see in my screen is not a good thing and most would agree.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I have made 4SC and NESC my vendor of last resort based on their poor quality control (sending the wrong cards) and poor customer service (not being able to get them to call me back and stay on top of finding missing items and being given multiple "fairy tales" that were never the same when I was able to get someone to answer my calls). Eventually I did get full refund, but it took 2 months and was a major hassle.

They have lots of nice items, but it isn't worth it to me to have to deal with people who behave like they do. Perhaps if more collectors had the courage to vote with their wallets they might clean up their act.

Dave
  • Options
    Where is this hobby heading. One of PSA's best customers too.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options
    Let me answer my own question.

For 4SC it's a business. And that drives all their decisions.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let me answer my own question.

For 4SC it's a business. And that drives all their decisions. >>

Lots of people in business, with profit in mind, choose not to sell kits to scam people. I'm sure I could do a little better with some shady choices like this one. Not worth it. Regardless, they are on my banned list moving forward. I doubt I'm alone.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont kid yourself, greed fuels this hobby more than anything else.
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Any chance we see BBG post on this subject?
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    I dont' think greed fuels the hobby, but it appears to be getting the upper
    hand for some that make their living from "the hobby".

I wonder how PSA feels about one of their biggest customers growing shadier by the day.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options

<< <i>

Dont kid yourself, greed fuels this hobby more than anything else. >>

funny, kinda like yer girls there, a business, 4SC/perkies, whats the difference. Both sucker people in.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dont kid yourself, greed fuels this hobby more than anything else. >>

funny, kinda like yer girls there, a business, 4SC/perkies, whats the difference. Both sucker people in. >>

• Options

<< <i>I dont' think greed fuels the hobby, but it appears to be getting the upper
    hand for some that make their living from "the hobby".. >>

I will agree with you there
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    Only if we mention 1978 Topps....oops..Anybody need some minty 1988 Topps wrappers!!!I might be coerced into unloading some 1987 wrappers too!image
    Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    cleaning up the hobby, one CU member at a time...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Does PSA have any say in what 4SC sells?
  • Options
    JaktJakt Posts: 573

<< <i>Does PSA have any say in what 4SC sells? >>

I don't see how that would even be possible.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    I'd guess none.

But we have a say in what 4SC sells on eBAY and I'm done with them.
    4SC is what it is and they aren't going to change, so we must.

Still it's instructive to know who you're partnering with, and as 4SC is eBAY's largest-volume seller
    of PSA-graded cards, does not bode well for the future.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options
    As of today, no reply...and no bids from me. BTW is it even possible to use those headers for fraudulent racks? I know how easy it seems to be to reseal wax.
    EDIT: I just checked the link and the auction was ended! I will wait for an explanation from them to ensure that it wasn't just sold to a potential counterfeiter