Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I have been following this forum for a long time and decided it was time to post and introduce myself. As you can tell from my avatar I am from Oklahoma. Probably like most everybody on this board, I collected baseball cards as a kid until I got older and developed other interests. I started collecting again in 2002 and have concentrated on 1952 through 1968 Topps because that was the era in which I grew up. I recently decided to narrow my post-war focus to only the 1952 and 1961 sets and I also decided to delve into the 1888 Allen & Ginter N29 and the 1909 American Caramel E90-1 sets. I have always been somewhat of a history buff so I find these new sets really interesting.

I have really enjoyed reading this forum and have learned a lot from the various members. There seems to be quite a few very knowledgeable people that post here. I'm not sure what I can bring to the board but I will do my best.

Randy Ragsdale
Collecting 1888 Allen & Ginter (N29), 1909 American Caramel (E90-1), 1952 and 1961 Topps Baseball

Comments

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Randy.
    I'd love to see some pics of your 50s Topps cards. I have a soft spot in my heart for them.
    Enjoy your stay.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh You! imageimage
  • Welcome Randy,

Glad you decided to come an board and start off with an introduction which is the proper and polite thing to do. Just treat others and you would like to be treated and you could meet some really great people on theses boards. Thanks again for telling us what you collect. Hope you have a scanner because you know were going to ask you for some nice scans of some of your stuff so don't be too greedy and feel free to share with us. Maybe you can teach us some stuff image

Best~
    Marc

• Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!

I recently started on this board myself and I have to tell you that in the few months I've been here, I've learned a GREAT deal about collecting. I've also bought some great cards from the BST forum. You're going to meet some great people here as I already have image
  • emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>..... I'm not sure what I can bring to the board but I will do my best.

Randy Ragsdale >>

welcome!

It's fun to relate to over hobby enthusiasts.

Don't be a stranger!
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, enjoy!

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    welcome! Lots of valuable knowledge on these boards, never be afraid to ask!
  • Welcome!!!
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Hi Randy, and welcome.

It's always nice to see someone else working
    on the 1961 set. How far along are you.

I've been working on a raw set since the '70s
    and still need 4 more cards to finish, all high
    number All-Stars. Mostly because I'm lazy.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Hi MisterBungle,

Actually I have completed my 1961 set and am just working on upgrading it now. It's called "R&D 61" on the registry. What cards are you missing? I have quite a few raw 61's laying around.
    Collecting 1888 Allen & Ginter (N29), 1909 American Caramel (E90-1), 1952 and 1961 Topps Baseball
  • Thanks everybody for the great welcome. I love the hobby and this board is going to make it even that much better.

Randy
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the board Randy.

Very smart to narrow your focus as us card collectors can get easily distracted. Good luck with the sets and I look forward to your future posts. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the message boards Randy. What part of Oklahoma are you from? My family is from the wrestling mecca of Perry Oklahoma. My cousins wrestled at OU and my son is most likely going there next year. If you need any upgrades to your 1953 Topps or 1954 Topps let me know. I am making a complete set of the 1952-1961 in all PSA 8's and have many duplicates from most of these sets. If you have any PSA 8's that can help my set I would be glad to trade you if you want.

Welcome again.
    Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Hello, Randy! Good to see you on the board!image
    Collecting 1962-1985 Topps Baseball with an emphasis on the 70's!

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/MemberImageGallery.aspx?m=8724
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    BOOMER!

and welcome.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    (duplicate)
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    Your pledge name is Red Buttons
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Randy, I love 50's thru 70's cards. I am working on a 61 set also. My set has raw and graded in it. Down to 38 cards I think.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Randy! It's a prototypical family around these parts: lots of knowledgeable, selfless peeps who are willing to go above and beyond on moment's notice.................with an occasional dose of dysfunction sprinkled in for good measure.

Looking forward to your posts!