Home Precious Metals
Options

Hard to believe that silver was about $25 MORE per ounce 2 years ago......

guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
just sayin'. Where will we be 2 years from now? Who the heck knows.

I remember selling 2 rolls of ASE's for $1000/roll right before the cliff. Made me feel really bad for the buyers (one who is a forum member). I didn't plan on silver dropping, it just happened that way. Usually when I sell the price skyrockets (or vice versa, when I BUY it plummets).

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 834 ✭✭✭
    I really like those ASEs too, they became part of the stack image
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    oh shoot, it WAS you!

You can see, it's been 2 years and I still think about it. sorry...... image

If there is a bright side, I guess you can look at it this way, at least you didn't buy it back in 1979 at $50/oz, that's like $200/oz in today's dollars........
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 834 ✭✭✭
    I've been stacking since 2001 those few eagles are just a tiny less than 1% addition...no hard feelings what so ever Wes!
    But I'd feel the same as you, so I understand.
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I bought a Philharmonic for my set and I clearly remember that I was buying it as a memento. The price in my file is $55! imageimageimage
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    It all evens out in the end. Got my good buys and my overlays but I'm more interested in where it will be 10-25 years from now compared to whatever my weighted cost average is then! Thinking about it now could drive me to image don't mind if I do! image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at it this way, it's money that wasn't spent on something else and it very well may end up being a good investment. Nothing is static, and it's the nature of stacking that some silver has a higher cost basis than other silver.

The next time you get ready to sell, please let me know so that I can buy a few short contracts for the ride down.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhh the memories of $4.50 an ounce back in the day. move on i guess
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>just sayin'. Where will we be 2 years from now? Who the heck knows.

I remember selling 2 rolls of ASE's for $1000/roll right before the cliff. Made me feel really bad for the buyers (one who is a forum member). I didn't plan on silver dropping, it just happened that way. Usually when I sell the price skyrockets (or vice versa, when I BUY it plummets). >>

Yup, you sold me a roll of merc that I am still under water on too...lol. Just playin. Oddly enough, the one time I did sell.... The market started dropping that week (I really think I am the deciding factor if the market raises or falls). Thankfully, I sold right at the peek (Within a few cents). I sold to the local smoker B&M, they were PCGS MS68 Silver, I believe I got right at $50 per oz. I also had some PGS MS69s that he would not take, he said I could get more than spot for them and he could not move them... He could have taken advantage of me but he did not (Which is what has me returning to the location to see if he after all is a nice guy).

Not to worry, I still remember that you threw a few extra mercs in there to ensure I received the correct silver content (To cover the worn ones). image
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought nearly 100ozs of silver from a board member 2 years ago when Ag was around $45. They were selling premium silver for 10% back of melt. image I sold most of it that spring for a small profit and kept a few of the nicer pieces.

Here's one I kept. This one cost me $210.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ohhh the memories of $4.50 an ounce back in the day. move on i guess >>

We talking about silver or gasoline? image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at a lot of my gold and silver that was purchased back when prices were MUCH cheaper than now... makes me smile...Cheers, RickO