Home Precious Metals
Options

Is anyone else on the fence right now?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Mint's prices will be up next week. I really wasn't planning to buy Proof AGEs this soon, if at all. argh.
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Know what u mean. Silver also appears to be breaking out. Let's hope it's not another head fake.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Let's hope it's not another head fake.

That's sort of my concern. I almost expected another downleg, but.................................

Normally, I don't try to time a purchase but on the other hand I try not to totally ignore what I see going on either.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    Any attempts on my part to time markets has usually proved to be a contrarion indicator.
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I stared at silver at $22.90 and held out. I wanted to see $20. So now that I decided on that I'm holding pat. image
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    I'm waiting for (hopefully) sub $20.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Proof AGE is still kinda pricey for a bullion stacker like me ($300+ over melt)

I don't love the design, so it's hard to justify the premium
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Come on guys...why does that paper phony computer manipulated non-metal ch(t market called COMEX so entice you? I don't think COMEX ever goes anywhere - this will simply not be permitted. It's all a head fake
    to bring in the greedy to be fleeced. All that talk about JP Morgan or Big Boyz "going long" is just talk. They make their money by being short, not long.

Yes, you'll get sub 20. But not any metal at the price, only paper.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Proof AGE is still kinda pricey for a bullion stacker like me ($300+ over melt)

I don't love the design, so it's hard to justify the premium >>

If you don't collect them or don't hope to flip them for a profit then don't buy them. If buying them to fund a metal IRA, you have to buy from a particpating third party (not the US mint) and never take possession of them.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any attempts on my part to time markets has usually proved to be a contrarion indicator. >>

+1 many times over!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a break on adding when premiums on ebay for common gold went up sharply. In addition I am paying off credit card debt related to my last PM purchase binge.

I expect to buy more in May via the major on-line vendors in order to avoid the crazy premiums on ebay.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Come on guys...why does that paper phony computer manipulated non-metal ch(t market called COMEX so entice you? I don't think COMEX ever goes anywhere - this will simply not be permitted. It's all a head fake
    to bring in the greedy to be fleeced. All that talk about JP Morgan or Big Boyz "going long" is just talk. They make their money by being short, not long.

Yes, you'll get sub 20. But not any metal at the price, only paper. >>

That's the question. A longer term down-leg to $18-$19 silver will pull physical down to $20 after a couple weeks. Will that happen this year? Don't know.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urgh, maybe. Wouldn't throw the proofs at the top of my yellow list, although I do need a half and full at some point.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'll admit to being on the fence. My non metal investments are doing really well lately, some up over 100%, while my metals investments stagnate.

I'm considering being a contrarian and lightening up on real estate that people live in, and do business out of, and stock positions of companies that make products that people use to make their lives better and more enjoyable, and other speculative issues that may be on the cusp of "the next big thing" in terms of paradigm shifting technology, and instead buying shiny pieces of metal that I can stare at and lock away in a dark box, so I'll have them to trade for cans of food and sips of whiskey if/when the lights go out. Plus collector coins for my sets image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they don't even have fences in Baleyville.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the fence yet. Took a couple of nibbles... but didn't grab the bait.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the gate. It's a safer route.
  • Options
    Baley, I'm glad that you've finally come to your senses. Need any ammo?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fence at my house.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    At Central States ( and eBay) 1/10 AGE unc's. are going about $185 (still !!!). For 10 bucks extra I was thinking about the proofs.