Home Precious Metals
Options

debt relief

can't take credit for this one -- someone else came up with the idea image

Here's an idea:

1. Barry orders the U.S. Treasury to create a single platinum coin, and Barry declares it worth $1 Quadrillion.
2. Barry hands it to Bernanke, and gets a receipt.
3. Bernanke then credits, using his new $1,000,000,000,000,000 coin, the accounts of those who hold the $17 TRILLION in U.S. debt, credits the Social Security "trust fund" and Medicare with $121 TRILLION to pay for its unfunded liabilities, and pays $11.4 TRILLION for the first 10 years of ObamaCare.

U.S. debt at that point? $0.00!

We use the remaining $850 TRILLION to throw a party, before hyper-inflation bankrupts everyone in the Western world.

Who's with me?!

"Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry now owes Bernanke and the FED $1 Quadrillion. Bankers don't forgive debt, they do all they can to create it.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry now owes Bernanke and the FED $1 Quadrillion.

A hundred trillion here, a hundred trillion there. Pretty soon, it adds up to real money.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sky is falling.

Got a golden umbrella and silver galoshes, though, so expecting rainbows and happiness!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could just work this into the GDP, imagine what a helluva recovery that would
    make.

Oh wait....
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A party!!!

Sounds great, I'll bring the Dip....., if Mr. Bernanke is available that is.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the humorous postulations are no stranger than the sad reality.... Cheers, RickO