Home Metal Detecting
Options

April 16, 2013: Unexpected vintage AEF Co. Sterling enamel Bracelet!!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
I got my buddy to start detecting and have been trying some new places with him. Our first trip didn't yield too many objects, so we got out today in hopes of some good finds. This place used to have activity, but not anymore. I had hopes of him finding a piece of silver so he'd be hooked. Unfortunately this place was surprisingly short of good signals. He did find his first lincoln cent, so that's a good start!

In my wandering around, the e-trac signaled something like a pull tab. Since signals were sparse, it was worth a dig. Only about an inch down of digging through rough soil, I spot a charm?? Pull it out and was surprised to see it was a bracelet with three charms. It looked like maybe brass, but the clasp wiped clean like silver, and had a beautiful design. Figured it was junk anyway and put it in the pouch. A couple hours after being home, remembered to take a look at it. Glanced at the clasp and saw something that looked like "ling". NOOO.... could it be silver? Yes, it's Sterling! It's from a company "AEF Co." Haven't found much info on it, but it appears to be vintage.

Dirty Pic, doesn't look too much like silver
image[/URL]
Cleaned up
image[/URL]
image[/URL]

Comments