Home Metal Detecting
Options

one for the detectorist,s

so i recently moved back to orlando from ct.reason being my sister own,s a large size limo co. wheelers luxury transportation if anyone is coming to the area just mention david.great website. any how my niece and i have been waiting on a community yard sale in a few weeks. so we have been out hunting on trash nite in different areas of town.they put everything on the streets here for pickup. back in the day i could find about anything.even new with tags.havr yard sales and clean up pretty good.so a couple of nights ago we went out and filled the car.doesn,t take much she drives a dodge neon.get back and unload to the garage and start the processing stage.by 2 A.M im pooped and she went to sleep.however i remeber her finding a herd of change in one of the pocketbooks we butcherd.turns out it was a coach old but authentic. so i went through some of the other ones just in case. low and behold i can feel change in the bottom of this thing. here,s were hitting all the beaches and schoolyards with the detector in the past few months gets irritating. i stick my hand in a hole in the liner of this old pocketbook and scoop out 1 pair of silver earins real,diamond stud earings real, and 4 buffalo head nicles, 1920,1926,1929, and 1 without the date.1 1911 wheat back and a 1958 rosie.so after spending hours swinging a detector i wonder if im wasting my time. although i enjoy the peace and quiet.i mean realy hours on hours of hunting for nuttin.when it takes one trip out trash diggin.hope youve enjoyed my storry. keep swingin i guess!!!dave

Comments

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so i recently moved back to orlando from ct.reason being my sister own,s a large size limo co. wheelers luxury transportation if anyone is coming to the area just mention david.great website. any how my niece and i have been waiting on a community yard sale in a few weeks. so we have been out hunting on trash nite in different areas of town.they put everything on the streets here for pickup. back in the day i could find about anything.even new with tags.havr yard sales and clean up pretty good.so a couple of nights ago we went out and filled the car.doesn,t take much she drives a dodge neon.get back and unload to the garage and start the processing stage.by 2 A.M im pooped and she went to sleep.however i remeber her finding a herd of change in one of the pocketbooks we butcherd.turns out it was a coach old but authentic. so i went through some of the other ones just in case. low and behold i can feel change in the bottom of this thing. here,s were hitting all the beaches and schoolyards with the detector in the past few months gets irritating. i stick my hand in a hole in the liner of this old pocketbook and scoop out 1 pair of silver earins real,diamond stud earings real, and 4 buffalo head nicles, 1920,1926,1929, and 1 without the date.1 1911 wheat back and a 1958 rosie.so after spending hours swinging a detector i wonder if im wasting my time. although i enjoy the peace and quiet.i mean realy hours on hours of hunting for nuttin.when it takes one trip out trash diggin.hope youve enjoyed my storry. keep swingin i guess!!!dave >>

That's one way to bring home the silver image Haven't done that since I was a child (With my parents if memory serves me correct).

Best,
    Ray
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool finds.... never tried that.... sounds like fun and quite rewarding. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very cool finds.... never tried that.... sounds like fun and quite rewarding. Cheers, RickO >>

that it does
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That sure does bring back good memories.image
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    beachs can be tough, slow going, and a lot of competition out there. However, those finds from the purse sounds pretty good. Do you have pics of the earrings?