Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just received the latest Mark Feld E-mail - Mark is going to work for Heritage!

2»

Comments

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's to my ex-Feld coins now having even more ex-Feld value now that he is leaving coin dealing! image

On a serious note, this is certainly bittersweet news. Great for Mark, but a loss for us collectors who like to be his customers. image
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Mark.

Man, Heritage found a real 'keeper'. Wow.

That said, I'll miss Mark's regular coin list email. I think I only bought 3 or 4 coins from him, but they were all amazing. I'll miss that email.

Good luck, Mark!
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win-Win. image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    A big congratulations both to Mark Feld and to Heritage! image
  • GOLDGUYGOLDGUY Posts: 253 ✭✭
    On behalf of my partners and our worldwide staff, I am very happy to confirm that Mark Feld has joined Heritage Auctions and will work primarily from our headquarters in Dallas, Texas.

We enjoy reading all your kind words and best wishes for Mark’s success! Of course, these statements are hardly surprising given Mark’s many years of professional service to numismatics. His vast experience and stellar reputation in the collector community has made Mark one of our very top “draft choices” for a long time and we are thrilled that the timing was finally right for Mark to make this change. There are a number of roles we see Mark fulfilling here at HA. But at the top of our agenda will be keeping Mark accessible to those of you who currently enjoy working with him and we encourage you to reach out once he gets settled.

Thanks again for your support of Mark and for confirming our belief that he’ll be a great benefit to Heritage.
    Todd L. Imhof
    Partner / Executive VP
    Heritage Auctions
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On behalf of my partners and our worldwide staff, I am very happy to confirm that Mark Feld has joined Heritage Auctions and will work primarily from our headquarters in Dallas, Texas.

We enjoy reading all your kind words and best wishes for Mark’s success! Of course, these statements are hardly surprising given Mark’s many years of professional service to numismatics. His vast experience and stellar reputation in the collector community has made Mark one of our very top “draft choices” for a long time and we are thrilled that the timing was finally right for Mark to make this change. There are a number of roles we see Mark fulfilling here at HA. But at the top of our agenda will be keeping Mark assessable to those of you who currently enjoy working with him and we encourage you to reach out once he gets settled.

Thanks again for your support of Mark and for confirming our belief that he’ll be a great benefit to Heritage. >>

Todd, once he has officially started, can you require him to wear a suit and then can you post a picture of him in said suit? image
    Yes, Mark is everything you said and more, as you know, and I am glad he is still going to be accessable to us image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great, don't hog him from us.

LCoopie = Les
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will be rejoining Heritage, where I worked previously, more than twenty five years ago. >>

Um, yeah! At least 25 years ago. I hate dating myself, but one of the first "real" coins I purchased was from Mark back in 1980/81 when I bought a gem unc. 1909-S IHC when they were still "Steve Ivy". IIRC, they had just relocated to the "spiffy" West End Historic area of Dallas.......days.......gone.......by!!!

And then the great auctions at the old Adolphus Hotel before Ivy/Heritage started taking the gavel on the road........now where's that time machine?
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd,

Great update. Thank You. I'm glad to hear that Mark will still be in a position to get collectors together with great coins and he should have access to plenty of material. image His opinion and integrity are regarded quite highly, but I'm sure you already know that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file