Home Precious Metals
Options

question? trading bullion for collectable bullion

I had made an offer to the guy selling the 2oz engelhard bar on ebay Item number: item number 370783776837
2 oz. OLD POUR ENGELHARD GOLD BAR - SUPER RARE!

he was asking 4000, would take 3900...... I offered to send him 1 oz canadian maple leaf .999 gold, and a 1oz pamp suisse gold bar .999 , "and 10 oz ntr year of the snake silver bar" SO ID BE TRADING THE 2 OZ OF .999 GOLD , AND 10 OZ OF .999 SILVER .. for his 2 oz of rare hard to find poured style engelhard....

I own 1 of these bars now, i bought it last year i paid 3900$ from a guy in texas.....i think its just the coolest thing.....and this is the 2nd time ive seen 1....since then, they are hard to find

whats your opinion, is the trde worth it on my end?

he is sending me a shipping label pre paid... and 3rd party insurance, he owns a refinery in canada called EDI its legit i found the site and his number on it...

would u do this if u were me??
collector of gold and silver bullion..Owner of "aaa trash be gone" buffalo ny
references for completed transactions : smittys , guitarwes , vetter, JamesM , durexmetals, luke marshall ,perry hall, indiananationals,tamu15 , freechance , wdrob, jimineez1

Comments

• Options
    It's bullion to me. But collectible to others.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    It's bullion to me. But collectible to others.

My God! Really? A 2 oz GOLD Engelhard is NOT just bullion. If you have any, I would give Spot + $20. Let's see if you'd honor that LOL.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>would u do this if u were me?? >>

I'd honor a deal that I made

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>It's bullion to me. But collectible to others.

My God! Really? A 2 oz GOLD Engelhard is NOT just bullion. If you have any, I would give Spot + $20. Let's see if you'd honor that LOL. >>

You made my point piecesofme, i have no 2 oz pour Engelhard's, if i did i would happily trade for 8 1/4 oz AGEs. That does not mean its not worth the premium, as I said I pay hefty premium on other items that "speak" to me, premiums others may think are stupid. The great thing is we all love metal! I can tell you I have traded a Morgan in PCGS plastic that was worth more than three times the raw coin I got in return on paper. But the raw coin I got was worth it to me. So value is in the eyes of the collector! That is what keeps things interesting! imageimage
  • Options
    collectallcollectall Posts: 202 ✭✭

<< <i>

I'd honor a deal that I made >>

i made the offer he said he would accept....but i still see it up for auction, so im guessing in his eyes,,, hes hoping for a better offer till we speak on monday and he lets me know if he can send me a postage paid 3rd party insured envelope, cause i told him i dont want to ship to canade cause i cant even trach it through usps, and i dont feel great about knowing they will be opening my package and see its contents etc...

i guess what im sayin is, the deal isnt written in stone till monday when he confirms on his end.... i like the bar... and i paid a hefty premium for the before it... just seein what others opinions were of the trade offer
    references for completed transactions : smittys , guitarwes , vetter, JamesM , durexmetals, luke marshall ,perry hall, indiananationals,tamu15 , freechance , wdrob, jimineez1
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trade is a good one for you provided dealing with a total stranger with no protection works out. Nice thing about ebay is that the seller pays for your buyer protection. You may be better off buying from him on ebay at the right price and then selling the 10 oz silver. Maybe you can even work out a revision to to his listing with an agreeable buy it now price. If you do make such an agreement ask him to change to a non-bullion category so you can earn some ebay bucks.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    that sounds like it would be a reasonable request on my behalf, thanks derryb....... i prefer that buyer protection when dealin with another country
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'd honor a deal that I made >>

This.

Moreover, a Engelhard 2 oz gold is super cool and certainly scarce if not rare. The items you are trading are all replacable.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd honor a deal that I made
    Moreover, a Engelhard 2 oz gold is a super cool and certainly scarce if not rare. The items you are trading are all replacable.

These.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd honor a deal that I made
    Moreover, a Engelhard 2 oz gold is a super cool and certainly scarce if not rare. The items you are trading are all replacable.

These. >>

agreed , well if he still chooses to go forth with it im in ..
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not do it, but then, I am a stacker not a collector of PM's...Cheers, RickO