Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWP: Saxony 2/3 Taler in MS

A recent newp to share... I have trouble getting good pics - but here's a Saxony (Saxony-Albertine Line) 2/3 Taler 1817 IGS graded PCGS MS62 holder - not easily found in this state of preservation - the strike is crisp and I really like the crown details - pretty toned equally... I thought 63 easily so it fits perfectly in my under-graded bunch! image

Those abrasions are on the holder - pretty clean for the grade.

Comments

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice looking example, congrats.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin! Not sure why it's a 62 and not higher based on your images. PCGS didn't take one for coinfacts, it seems, so can't compare to their photos.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too hard to grade from the provided images, but it does seem like a very nice coin. One way to tell if the seller felt the coin was also under graded would be based on the asking price.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed. This type is not common in mint state for some reason.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful coin! Not sure why it's a 62 and not higher based on your images. PCGS didn't take one for coinfacts, it seems, so can't compare to their photos. >>

Did you submit it yourself (during 2013) marcmoish? If so, it should have been in a Secure Plus holder (compulsory on all world coins submitted in the US besides moderns) and the CoinFacts image is in fact courtesy of the Secure Plus extra fee. If you bought it graded, and it is in a non Sec. Plus holder, then this is why there is no CoinFacts image (which is often very low quality in all honesty).

I can't comment on the grade, but I really like the coin. I like fractional talers more than talers themselves.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I like those partial talers, very nice.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Great piece. I think it could have gone 63 based on the pics.

I agree on the partial taler sentiment. I just bought a 2/3 taler this week and can't wait for it to arrive.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Dimitri I forgot to check for Secure photo - it indeed is in a secure holder - I purchased it slabbed as is.
    Thanks ALL, and glad I was able to share it here!

• Options
    IcollecteverythingIcollecteverything Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm, purple..............

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmm is correct - better than my attempt of pics - man the secure photo looks great.

I keep getting the urge to crack it for a spell so I can handle unslabbed but....

WCG I'm sure you'll post it when you receive it image
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, and a great strike.