Home Metal Detecting
Options

dug a morgan dollar today

been extremely busy the last 2 months. alot of hours at work, not much time afterwards. got my first break today. got invited to do an old homesite with 2 other friends. super trashy and almost no coins, not even modern. almost everything reads high on my detector. so i just figured this was another big piece of crap. not so, my 3rd morgan dollar found and my newest a 1921.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    wow, very nice! A Morgan dollar is on my wish list! Looks it has some fairly nice detail left. what would you grade it?
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Nice find! Did you put that chink in it with your shovel?
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    ya i put the scratch on it. i just noticed a "D" MM. it has EF40 details according to the red book. its still way nicer than my other 2.
    my first one dug in 1997:
    my second 1902:
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great find DemoDigger.... Morgan's are special and a treasure for every MD'r.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that means that you earn another "You Suck" award. image
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that would really excite me

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    Nice find, that is a beauty. I can't wait for winter here to end so I can get serious and quit sorting pennies LOL. Congratulations I have never found a Silver dollar. I bet it had a loud ring in your ear. I have marked coins with my digger for the same reason, trashy area and just thrust in thinking it is another sickle section from a hay mower. Those sickle sections sound really good for and go good on the scale for steel.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wicked nice score demo. wtg. some day ill dig a few as well image
  • Options
    Nice!

Snow is finally melting in New York. Hopefully the year will have something silver. One silver find last year (ring). A Morgan would be an exceptional find for my son and I!

Harry
  • Options
    Very cool! It's a shame your soil is so hard on your finds....that's a great one.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Awesome find! Might as well try cleaning with a good dip and/or rinse. After all, it's only market value is BV right?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE