Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post your greatest eBay steals here with pics

2»

Comments

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This killer looking Walker should have cost more than it did. I sent it to CAC thinking that it would gold bean.

imageimage
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That is an ugly, altered coin that never should have received a numerical grade at any service. Send that one back in, they will buy it back from you. YUCK. >>

You've got to be kidding. You haven't seen very many toned proof franklins then eh? That is the right color for them. I have submitted hundreds that look very similar to Robec's coin. >>

heh, not sure if that comment strengthens the argument that the toning is natural. Hundreds, you say, and they look very similar to that? image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

I got it for $45.00 on E-bay, had it graded at VG-8 and it sold for $750.00
    Member; ANA, CONECA, CFCC, Fly-in-Club, FUN, NLG.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall, it was a Cheerios Sacagawea dollar for $4,000 in the original package. It was not a steal at the time. It was a second chance offer because the winner of the auction "cancelled out". It was a "shot in the dark" and there was a great debate here about whether it was a variety or a pattern, at that time. I don't know who won the debate. It didn't matter. The ORIGINAL design is awesome. And it's always amazed how some guys never forget what they see on a coin. Re: TDN... I practice trying to remember every detail of "coins". It's an obsession. Even as I sent the coin in intitially to PCGS, I remember thinking : "It will never grade higher than 67 because of that little "hit" on the reverse. It graded MS 68 and the rest is history. It is on COINFACTS.

HE>I

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file