Home Metal Detecting

Garrett AT 250 and 350

Hello all. I have been researching M/D's and am considering the 250 or 350. Any major differences that you all know? I'm tempted to just buy the A/T Pro, it has to have better features. It's my first and I don't want to blow it, get frustrated and want a better one. I appreciate any advice.
Tim

Comments

• I don't know much about them. I know people that have them and for the money they have been pleased. I own a gt2500, and am pleased with it.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are just starting out and unsure if you will like/continue with the hobby, the 250/350 are fine choices.....some MD'rs stay with them for years and years. However, if you really enjoy the hobby, you will quickly find yourself looking to upgrade to better units. Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you are just starting out and unsure if you will like/continue with the hobby, the 250/350 are fine choices.....some MD'rs stay with them for years and years. However, if you really enjoy the hobby, you will quickly find yourself looking to upgrade to better units. Cheers, RickO >>

eggsactly
  • I went with the 350 and a Pro Pointer, it's my first unit and probably won't be the last. Can't wait until Tuesday. Thanks for your help fella's.
    Tim
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled the trigger on an expensive Whites V Sat about a dozen years ago. Have never looked back and am
    still using it (when my shoulders allow). It does not have any of the fancy target ID's or depth indicators so
    I'm sure that the 250 or 350 would be wonderful. No harm in having two just in case, either (if you do upgrade
    in a few years).

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com