Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Coin tag!!!!! Start your engines!

Hi all,

I'm starting a new coin tag image. I really enjoyed the three that I was a part of over the last year or so, and now I am hosting my second one. So I'm going to do it again. If you would like to be a part of it, post a message to this thread and PM me with your details (address and phone number). If I haven't done a transaction with you, or if you are relatively new, please don't get offended if I ask for references. I will post into this thread an initial list of coins starting the box out, and I'll update it as we go. Also, I'm going to do this as a "call the box" sort of tag, so there won't be a predetermined list of who gets the box next. When the list gets posted, first to PM gets the box, and then when updated, the next to call it get's it (etc). I'll try my best to keep this organized and coherent!

The whole point to this is fun and enjoyment, so let's do this!

The RULES:

1. I will list contents of the TAG box when we come to an agreement in trade. I will list what is taken and what is put into the Tag Box. Tag list may be updated lower in this thread, so look for that one.
2. Keep the TAG box no longer than FIVE days, so that we can keep this in a timely fashion (shipping takes a while).
3. You can trade up to any dollar amount that you desire (but see below).
4. PCGS/NGC/ANACS Slabbed Coins ONLY! Exceptions will be made on a rare, case by case basis.
5. Ship VIA United States Postal Service (USPS) Registered Mail ONLY! (Using a USPS Priority Mail MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX!)
6. Post USPS Registered Mail Tracking Number to the coin tag thread when package has been shipped.
7. Values for PCGS coins are rated VIA the PCGS Price Guide, NGC coins will be 90% of PCGS Price Guide, ANACS will be 90% for the white slabs, 85% for Blue and Yellow slabs of PCGS Price Guide. The value of Problem Coins (Eg. PCGS Genuine, ANACS Net Graded Coins) will have to be determined between Me (SurfinxHI) and the person wanting to put such coins in tag box. The same goes for any coins outside of these TPGs.
8. While values have some fluctuation on a weekly/monthly basis, trades will be made according to the most recent PCGS update, and older prices will not be re-evaluated.
9. A Cash purchase option is available. If you want to work out a cash deal, please PM me. Several coins listed will have a cash purchase option present, which will be lower than a trade option. This is because the PCGS values are often higher than what can be achieved in open market, and on those I list, I don't want to lose the real value of the item.
10. PCGS Old Green Holders (OGH) will bring a 5% premium and PCGS First Generation Holders (Rattlers) will bring a 10% premium. NGC No Line Fat Slabs will be rated at 100% of PCGS Price Guide. Doilys....contact me.
11. Toned coins will bring a premium, depending on the type/nature of the toning. Typical toning (small crescent, partial color), will be rated at 10% above PCGS Price Guide. Exceptional toning, textile
markings, Wowser effects etc., will be a negotiated price based on available auction comp data. A photo might be necessary to complete this type of trade.

12. Most of all -- this is supposed to be a fun way to see, trade, purchase, experience, and interact with coins and community members. This objective is NOT to try and pull a fast one, or to take all the "good" coins and replace with mundane stock (though, to each his/her own widget), empty the box of all older coins and replace with only moderns, etc. Please remember that and think of your own fellow members while you participate in this tag. HAVE FUN!!!

SHIPPING, CUSTODY AND LOSS:

The wholesale value of the box is $2920.00 (This is to be updated as the tag goes along!) You are fully responsible for the care and custody of the coins in your possession. If the coins are lost or stolen, you will have to reimburse me, SurfinxHI, for the full current determined value of the box, $3039.00, please be careful! The coins WILL be shipped VIA USPS REGISTERED and INSURED mail ONLY! NO EXCEPTIONS! Do NOT ship "certified", and do NOT ship via UPS, Fed Ex, etc. These services do NOT cover losses to coins! For those who have not shipped via USPS registered mail, you will need to get the paper tape and seal all edges of the box so the clerk can stamp each tape line. You will also need to fill out a USPS Receipt for Registered Mail.

I'll post the first box in a few days, after we get this rolling along!

Cheers,
Surf
Dead people tell interesting tales.

Comments

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally in! Once I get a job....
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in again! Thanks Greg for getting another one put together.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to give it a go, please!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    I am IN!

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I'm new to this concept so please humor a few questions:

• are these tag boxes typically a mix of lite/darkside? or heavily (or entirely) liteside?

• it sounds like we mail a box around from house to house, and each person gets to exchange slabs from the box with slabs in their personal collection, providing the value of the box is maintained (or increased) ... correct?

• aside from PM'ing you to "call the box," are you guys/gals going to post updates as to the box contents? or is it supposed to be a surprise?

That is all for now. I am intrigued but the answer to Q no.1 will determine my interest in participation. I can provide a number of forumite references thanks
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>I'm new to this concept so please humor a few questions:

• are these tag boxes typically a mix of lite/darkside? or heavily (or entirely) liteside?

• it sounds like we mail a box around from house to house, and each person gets to exchange slabs from the box with slabs in their personal collection, providing the value of the box is maintained (or increased) ... correct?

• aside from PM'ing you to "call the box," are you guys/gals going to post updates as to the box contents? or is it supposed to be a surprise?

That is all for now. I am intrigued but the answer to Q no.1 will determine my interest in participation. I can provide a number of forumite references thanks >>

Heavily Liteside.

Correct.

Updates are posted after EVERY exchange.

• Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    Count me in
  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm new to this concept so please humor a few questions:

That is all for now. I am intrigued but the answer to Q no.1 will determine my interest in participation. I can provide a number of forumite references thanks >>

TC71 has nailed your answers above. To say the box is heavily lightened is an understatement. It is entirely lightside. Feel free to participate, if that suits your collecting habits!

Surf
  • Options
    List will be published in an hour or two. Fair warning given. Box will be mailed tomorrow to the first caller. No calling until I publish the list...image
  • Options
    One sugestion is to post the list in the first post, and keep the current and updated list at the top of the thread.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    I'm going to keep them separate for now, but will likely update this post accordingly. First post is long enough!

The box contains:

1833 P $0.005 (half cent) AU 53 BN PCGS $240
    1851 P $0.005 (half cent) AU53 PCGS CAC $170 new new new!!!
    1972 S $0.01 PR 68RD CAM PCGC $42
    1916 D $0.10 G4 PCGS $950 CAC new new new!!! Key date coin!!!
    1943 P $0.10 AU 55 PCGS $6
    1955 S $0.10 MS 64 PCGS $4
    1957 P $0.10 PR 67 PCGS $26
    1960 P $0.10 MS 64 PCGS $4
    1961 P $0.10 MS 65 FB PCGS $105
    1921 P $0.50 VG 08 PCGS $275 tough coin to find
    1957 P $0.50 PR 67 CAM PCGS $165 new new new!!!
    1878 8 TF $1 MS 61 PCGS $150
    1881 S $1 PCGS Genuine $225 crescent toned obverse, gorgeous, blues and browns, a nearly imperceptible scratch above head kept it out of a MS 66/67 holder, reverse is streak toned, and it has the cleanest cheek I have ever seen)
    1882 O/S $1 AU 55 ANACS (small white holder) $76 new new new!!!
    1904 O $1 MS 64 PCGS $92 (light gold tone on obverse and smidge on reverse)
    1926 P MS 65 NGC Oregon Trail $252 new new new!!!

Call the box!
  • Options
  • Options
    Box will ship to Meltdown tomorrow. I will post details in the afternoon. Expect 2 weeks time before reaching you...ugh.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to participate again. PM'd to SurfinxHI. Nice bunch of coins to choose from.
    Paul
  • Options
    Box shipped to Meltdown!

Tracking number RE383080356US

have fun!

Box insured for $3500, declared value at this time is $3407.
  • Options

<< <i>We attempted to deliver your item at 1:15 pm on March 09, 2013 in PORTLAND, OR 97223 and a notice was left. >>

Hey MELTDOWN, get to the PO and claim the package!!!!

imageimageimage

• Options
    I got the box today! Contents verified... Nice stuff! A couple busties will fit nice in my little date run. PM sent to Surf.

• Options

<< <i>I got the box today! Contents verified... Nice stuff! A couple busties will fit nice in my little date run. PM sent to Surf.

image >>

97 = Environmental Damage
    98 = Damage

Can ya elaborate?

They look good to me. Then again I am not seeing the reverse.......

• Options
    The 22 has some haze - but it's really not terrible. I assume that's it. I didn't have a lot of time before work to take a real close look.
    The 19 over 8 has a small x lightly scratched above the reverse eagle. It's pretty well toned over, but it's there.
  • Options
    Trade is made... Someone needs to call the box next so I can ship it off tomorrow.

Added a 1876-CC Half, PCGS AU53 and a 1944 Walking Lib, nicely toned in PCGS MS64.

• Options

<< <i>Trade is made... Someone needs to call the box next so I can ship it off tomorrow.

Added a 1876-CC Half, PCGS AU53 and a 1944 Walking Lib, nicely toned in PCGS MS64.

image >>

TC71 Calls for THE BOX™

• Options
    List is updated. Trade w/cash option was completed. Two nice new additions to the box are now in there. List on first page is updated. Looks like TC71 was chomping at the bit, so the box is off to him. Box value is now at $3039. I expect that he will get the box sometime early next week or so!
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to participate if new comers are still allowed on board. image

Sending PM

Edit spell check...

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

<< <i>List is updated . . . Looks like TC71 was chomping at the bit, so the box is off to him. . .! >>

It's TC71's gator-boy nature to chomp! image Sorry TC.................image

• Options
    Box is on it's way. Registered & Insured -- RR166279889US

Edited to add: It says expected delivery is Saturday 3/16
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>List is updated . . . Looks like TC71 was chomping at the bit, so the box is off to him. . .! >>

It's TC71's gator-boy nature to chomp! image Sorry TC.................image >>

.....and you know this....man! image

• Options

<< <i>Box is on it's way. Registered & Insured -- RR166279889US

Edited to add: It says expected delivery is Saturday 3/16 >>

That aint gonna happen. I will be lucky to see it by NEXT Saturday.

• Options
    We attempted to deliver your item at 1:45 pm on March 18, 2013 in WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33415 and a notice was left.

imageimageimageimage

Hey TC71, go get the package! image
  • Options

<< <i>We attempted to deliver your item at 1:45 pm on March 18, 2013 in WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33415 and a notice was left.

imageimageimageimage

Hey TC71, go get the package! image >>

I GOT IT!

• Options
  • Options
    Ahhh, the suspense ...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    A trade has been completed with TC71. List is updated, no new coins, just one moving out. Box is now valued at $2769. Ready to go to the next person!!

Please CALL THE BOX !!!image

Updated.
  • Options
    This IS going into the Tag Box:

1885-O Morgan Dollar OLD SKOOL ANACS Photo Grade. MS63/63. This coin is a SOLID MS64. See photos and judge for yourself.

Coin was Graded on August 19. 1985. BEFORE NGC and PCGS were even around!

• Options
    I call the box
  • Options
    That is pretty cool.

• Options

<< <i>I call the box >>

Dangit!!! Now I have to wait another two weeks image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Tag Box has been shipped to SLINC.

USPS Priority Mail, REGISTERED # RE758273979US. Insured for $2775.

SurfinxHI. Thanks for the chance to partake. This is my FIRST PCGS MS66 Morgan. What a STUNNER! image

• Options
    Box has arrived
  • Options
    An agreement has been reached. These 2 coins will be going in the box,1884 CC $1 MS 65 and 1833 Half Cent AU53.
  • Options
    Ok all....! Deal has been sealed and Slinc is ready to ship, with some great new stuff in there! Value remains the same....time to CALL THE BOX!!
  • Options

<< <i>An agreement has been reached. These 2 coins will be going in the box,1884 CC $1 MS 65 and 1833 Half Cent AU53.
    image >>

REVERSE PICS?

• Options
    Sure Gary..And the half cent is free from any verdigris which seems to plague so many of these.

• Options
    SWEET!

Thanks Shawn!

• Options
    I CALL THE BOX!!! if it hasn't been called already?!???
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Box heading to lochNESS next! Have fun!!!
  • Options
    Box is on the way to Georgia. RB365640880US
  • Options
    When I came home last night (after midnight) there was a registered mail box waiting on the bar. I'm 99.999% certain it's THE box. However I have not yet had a chance to open and verify the contents. I'll do that in about an hour, and post again confirming! Very excited image

edit: confirmed all contents of the box accounted for, and many lookers image I'll post again once I've decided
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    I am on the edge of my seat here....

• Options
    Almost there....!! Interesting trade on the way....should have the box ready in the next day or so. I'll put out a notice when to call it! image
  • Options
    We have a slight pause at the moment! I won't steal any thunder, but....there are some congratulations to our fellow tag box participant due!!image