Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It's been guiet on the Jefferson Nickel front...until now!!

BigDowgieBigDowgie Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭
I've been looking to Cherry one of these for a long, long, long time! I almost beat the guy who hit the MS65+FS!

1941-D/D RPM#3 (FS-24.3) - Cherry Pickers Variety
imageimage

Best I could do on the Mint Mark with my set-up.

Waiting for the grading!

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the number of responses to this thread so far... looks like it is still pretty quiet on the Jefferson nickel front!

Nice coin!
    ----- kj
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great looking coin, congrats.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Lets see a pic of all the coin. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Judging by the number of responses to this thread so far... looks like it is still pretty quiet on the Jefferson nickel front!

Nice coin! >>

You made me laugh with that comment.

I agree, nice coin.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find... but the 'quiet' is due to the fact that the coin represents a very niche segment of the collector vista. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    The F/S designation will still out weigh the RPM
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    tincup,

Yes, but these simple pleasures in life work for me! To complete my "Complete Variety" Set, I only need to find a sample of the 1964 SMS that I won't have to put a second mortgage on my house! Who has a spare? TN step up to the plate!
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still collect these?

Sorry had to say it. Congrats on the find though, I cant pick up much for FS in most any date lately. Very slow paced market.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

nice find.........congrats..image
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    BigDowgie -- Very nice. (Yes, some of us do collect Jeffersons!)
  • Options
    Hey, thanks for the support SOME of you have provided!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Done! I like it! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

<< <i>The F/S designation will still out weigh the RPM >>

Not on a '41-D it won't, full steps are way more common than this RPM.

Sean Reynolds

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The F/S designation will still out weigh the RPM >>

Not on a '41-D it won't, full steps are way more common than this RPM.

Sean Reynolds >>

To a hard core variety collector yes, but for Jefferson nickel collectors who have advanced from just Gem BU examples moving forward to collecting Full Step examples, they may not care if it has the Denver RPM, all they are interested in is the F/S designation.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    If anyone out there has a 1941-D/D RPM#3 and is more interested in Full Steps, I have a super nice 6 Stepper, non-RPM 1941-D I would trade!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin and pick up, wtg
  • Options
    Grade in....MS65FS. Now to get it attributed!
  • Options
    Realone,

Good question. I guess it's just one of those things I like to get some varieties grade first. I wait until I have several varieties to be attributed, rather than sending them in one at a time. I send in varieties with regular business coins and then do the same with the attribution submission. Just seems to work for me and I'm not in any rush to get'em attributed.
  • Options

<< <i>Realone,

Good question. I guess it's just one of those things I like to get some varieties grade first. I wait until I have several varieties to be attributed, rather than sending them in one at a time. I send in varieties with regular business coins and then do the same with the attribution submission. Just seems to work for me and I'm not in any rush to get'em attributed. >>

I figured the answer was that if they didn't grade, you're out $30 per coin instead of $54 per coin. I just did something similar for this exact reason and I'm glad I did, as one of the variety coins got gennie'd for corrosion.

Sean Reynolds

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As another variety collector......nice find!image
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickup...what's it worth? image
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    To da dawg...

I don't come around here much anymore due to business...

but, when I do... it's nice to see something as excellent as that coin.

Congrats on the find!

Peace!

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    Value is priceless! You can't place a price on a nice Cherry Pick!

I'm still waiting for someone to cough up an RPM for the regular 41-D full stepper.
  • Options

This certainly rings my bell! I think I do have one of these in a MS66-fs in a Anacs Blue,,,not positive thou' I need to dig my old stash
    of these I guess. thanks for bringing this up.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you aren't the Big Dawg for nothing!! image

it is impressive indeed to hear that you have a complete set and even moreso knowing that you did it the old fashioned way instead of just opening your wallet. I expect you will have to buy the SMS, chances of "finding" an example approach needle-in-the-haystack status. I think you should try a dealer like Angel Dee's, they always have nice Jeffersons and work with collectors.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find! Congratulations!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    Rich - Thanks man, hope to catch you soon somewhere! For sure in FL for the FUN Show!

keets - Ditto on the thanks. Nothing like the Cherry and I'm the guy that will wait until he does. Well that is for most of them! You said it, I won't find an SMS sitting in a dusty 2X2 dealer box! Pulling together a stack of bills to buy one is tough. While I want to own one, I always seem to find something I want more! Someday!
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I will keep my eyes open and help if I can.
  • Options
    spy88spy88 Posts: 764 ✭✭
    Nice find Mike!

PM sent.
    Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file