Home U.S. Coin Forum

We are in the middle of a RADAR date run!

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
Original post 3-1-13 - this is an update.

It was pointed out later in the thread that every day this month from the 10th to the 19th is a RADAR date - nearly a RADAR fortnight!! image

Original post:

3-1-13 image

Post something coin or currency related - here's a RADAR serial number. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha, nice palindromes

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this one in change a few years ago.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    My little girl was born this past December on 12/20/2012. not quite a true radar, but close enough for me.

I couldn't have one on 12/20/0221, for obvious reasons.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think Radar ever had a Date?

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPL Klinger? image

Of course, the very first palindrome was (get ready to groan)

"Madam, I'm Adam"

to which she replied

"Eve"
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the first person to post a Pan-Pac half. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • DAVEatHLRCDAVEatHLRC Posts: 177 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't think Radar ever had a Date?

imageimage >>

By the way -- that actor had a coin collection that was sold at auction by Superior in the 1980's I believe.

Oh, and Lakesammman: You've got a thing, and it's called Radar Love.

Please visit Dave Wnuck Numismatics LLC at DaveWcoins.com
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think Radar ever had a Date?

imageimage >>

Yes he did! I can remember at least two! She was a Lt nurse who was into poetry. If i remember she wore glasses also. If I remeber correctly, at the end of the episode, he came in with lipstick allover his face and he sasys something like "I think I've slaked" which was a reference to a poem he read to her.

I think he also had a date with the nurse that he spent all the episode ignoring her so that he wouyld be noticed by her. I think he had a part in a nurse training session where Radar played the part of a sick patient so the nurses could test diagnose injuries. This nurse did not have glasses.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
    ... By the way -- that actor had a coin collection that was sold at auction by Superior in the 1980's I believe. >>

Correctamundo, estimable Daveimage Gary Berghof (spelling?). I don't recall his coins. Both he and Buddy Ebsen (pioneer gold) had their names on Superior catalogues. Neither were anything like major consignments, but hey, it's Beverly Hills/Hollywood. Sizzle sells.image

The Ebsen Sale had some truly amazing type that was rumored to be in its entirety a grouping from the Lester Merkin holdings.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Ebsen Sale had some truly amazing type that was rumored to be in its entirety a grouping from the Lester Merkin holdings."

Most of the pieces in the Ebsen Sale were not from the actor's collection---they were consigned by Kevin Lipton, who bought them from the Wormsers.
    They were basically coins left over from the New Netherlands inventory.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

nice red, i likey

<< <i>"The Ebsen Sale had some truly amazing type that was rumored to be in its entirety a grouping from the Lester Merkin holdings."

Most of the pieces in the Ebsen Sale were not from the actor's collection---they were consigned by Kevin Lipton, who bought them from the Wormsers.
    They were basically coins left over from the New Netherlands inventory. >>

Also correct. One never knows if KL wants you to keep a secret or do his bragging for him. I am (occasionally) discreet. A shame I no longer do Long Beach or Superior auctions, the high point of which is often abusing him while he buys us all breakfast at Nate and Al'simage I would say many many good things about him, but never to his face.image
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second one of the month - 4-14-14, coming on the heels of 4-1-14. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The second one of the month - 4-14-14, coming on the heels of 4-1-14. image >>

i could feel something was going on today but couldn't place it. tyvm!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

The walker I posted in the OP had the perfect numbers for 4-1-14 - just forgot..... image

• Fixed it for You, Double Radar Love..."-)

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LakeSammman...that is one gorgeous Walker.... very nice. Cheers, RickO
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should call it a racecar date instead.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Aren't April 10-19 all radar dates? 4-10-14 etc.
    Aren't April 10-19 all radar dates? 4-10-14 etc.

I'll be danged - you're right! I'll have to keep this alive for a few more days. image
  • 3sidesofsilver3sidesofsilver Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    My humble addition to our current RADAR date run, on this radar tax day - 41514.

--Craig
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    ><><><
    eye eye
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    So, if my math is correct (NOT my strongest subject), the run ends on, uh, 4.20........??? image
    I'll come up with something.
  • 3sidesofsilver3sidesofsilver Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

This post spent the last nine years just waiting to be rediscovered. Funny, I spent the last nine years getting older. I remembered this post as I posted the 8-digit 'drome back then. A more recent pickup:

Share 'em if you have 'em.

--Craig
  • OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2023 8:18PM

Here's two radar and two repeater.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got in change today.........missed it by 2............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Close again, also missed the ddo until @Aspie_Rocco pointed it out.

• robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Close again, also missed the ddo until @Aspie_Rocco pointed it out.

So very close.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file