Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Pan-Pac Octagonal Just got a friend

northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
No, not the round version, but still rare, just added this badge medal from the 1915 Pan-Pacific Exhibition courtesy of NEN and gang.

Comments

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice new purchase.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool pan-pac piece!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool fob/badge.

But this thread is useless without pix of your Pan-Pac octagonal.

I wanna see the owl. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one of those that my great great grandmother bought at the fair - I wished she had bought the real $50 but alas not to be.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool - like the slug motif! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>I have one of those that my great great grandmother bought at the fair - I wished she had bought the real $50 but alas not to be. >>

Wow, love the personal provenance that would go with having one passed down in the family. Suffice it to say though that in the opinion of NGC, at least for an MS60, the medal you have is rarer than the real $50. Per link under the Sheldon Rarity Scale an R6 is described as, "Very rare - almost never seen, and only one may be offered for sale in a year's time."

Rarity Scales
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have one of those that my great great grandmother bought at the fair - I wished she had bought the real $50 but alas not to be. >>

Wow, love the personal provenance that would go with having one passed down in the family. Suffice it to say though that in the opinion of NGC, at least for an MS60, the medal you have is rarer than the real $50. Per link under the Sheldon Rarity Scale an R6 is described as, "Very rare - almost never seen, and only one may be offered for sale in a year's time."

Rarity Scales >>

I have more of her stuff in my house now than anyone else's. She passed away in 1954 at the age of 82. She was a well known socialite during the late 19th century and early 20th, and I have photographs of her with President McKinley, "Death Valley"Scotty etc. She had nice furniture, Stickley mission style rockers, cameras(I have a Brownie she purchased in November 1915 that still works). My favourite stuff though are the photographs, switch keys, passes etc she kept from her 4-5 year marriage to one of the SPRR magnates in the very early 20th century. She lived in SLC during the construction of the SLC causeway and has literally hundreds of photographs of the engineering projects, the ships, boats, workhouses, camps etc. I do have some coins from that era that she kept, mostly half dollars and some Mexican coins. In 1910 she met and married my great great grandfather and they bought a ranch in the central valley of CA and had a family and retired.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting badge....but would like to see the octagonal...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Love it !
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you got a nice pick up there. are you going to go after the round piece as well? just wondering is all
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Rarity Scales >>

I have more of her stuff in my house now than anyone else's. She passed away in 1954 at the age of 82. She was a well known socialite during the late 19th century and early 20th, and I have photographs of her with President McKinley, "Death Valley"Scotty etc. She had nice furniture, Stickley mission style rockers, cameras(I have a Brownie she purchased in November 1915 that still works). My favourite stuff though are the photographs, switch keys, passes etc she kept from her 4-5 year marriage to one of the SPRR magnates in the very early 20th century. She lived in SLC during the construction of the SLC causeway and has literally hundreds of photographs of the engineering projects, the ships, boats, workhouses, camps etc. I do have some coins from that era that she kept, mostly half dollars and some Mexican coins. In 1910 she met and married my great great grandfather and they bought a ranch in the central valley of CA and had a family and retired. >>

Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of an interview I heard last week on National Public Radio. The creator of "Back to the Future" was commenting how the idea for the movie came out of his discussing with a friend the question of whether if they had known their parents as teenagers whether they would have been friends with their parents.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file