metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone collect?
email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set!
    I don't collect them.... Such as building a complete set and such..
    However if one comes along that I find attractive, or think it's going to be a winner in the long haul financially, then I'll pick one up.
    Does that make me a collector? Sort of I guess... I have the 2001 Buffalo, the 2009 UHR, the Lincoln Chronicle set, the 25th Anniversary American Eagle set and a couple of others. If I like them, i buy them.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few of them, basically I buy what I find interesting and don't buy what I don't find interesting.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only in the original boxes ...

This Smithsonian four piece collection was the last wooden box set. It is scarce, but it is one of the few sets that has lost value since the increases in the prices for gold and silver. That shows that the numismatic value is going away for these sets, leaving only the melt value.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 20 of those jefferson pieces in a dansco album
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a registry set of the halves in MS complete, also working on the MS gold but a couple of those coins are really hard to find.
  • Options
    kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    Love some of the moderns. Bill Jones has it pegged, the Smithsonian is by far my favorite. Own me 3 proofs and 2 UNCs of that very piece. The Dolley and Jamestown are my ties for second place.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file