Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

received my first tampered PSA case today

Super rare Jordan insert, asian seller, asia shipping but over 500 perfect seller feedback. Auction said flip had small crack but card was undamaged/affected, not greatest picture but PSA case was not frosty. I threw an early low ball bid and accidentally won the card at a heck of a price.

Card comes, clearly 3-4 grades below flip (it is literally creased, significant surface damage). With only a small amount of pressure the side of case opens like a steamed clam.

Any advice? Should I contact the seller or just file a claim directly, can I request the $20 in shipping I am going to end up paying both ways on his failed fraud attempt. Is there an acceptable international shipping method that protects me from this shady character from claiming he never got my return?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Super rare Jordan insert, asian seller, asia shipping but over 500 perfect seller feedback. Auction said flip had small crack but card was undamaged/affected, not greatest picture but PSA case was not frosty. I threw an early low ball bid and accidentally won the card at a heck of a price.

Card comes, clearly 3-4 grades below flip (it is literally creased, significant surface damage). With only a small amount of pressure the side of case opens like a steamed clam.

Any advice? Should I contact the seller or just file a claim directly, can I request the $20 in shipping I am going to end up paying both ways on his failed fraud attempt. Is there an acceptable international shipping method that protects me from this shady character from claiming he never got my return? >>

I would take pictures and write down names. Start with an email to seller. After 3 days, if no response, file a claim. If he responds, say you want your money back. If his word is as good as his feedback is, he will help you out.
  • Options
    This seems to be a clear case of fraud. Too many red flags. At best, I would give the seller 24 hours to respond to an email. After that, I'd file a claim and start the process of getting your money back ASAP.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    do you any pictures?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't waste my time with the seller. Remember this is the same seller that just ripped you off? Why would he suddenly help you out? Just file a claim and get the ball rolling.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't waste my time with the seller. Remember this is the same seller that just ripped you off? Why would he suddenly help you out? Just file a claim and get the ball rolling. >>

+1
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    File a claim. Don't bother with the seller.