Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    obvious no shortage of blanks ...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    wow, that's incredible!! Will it keep up?!
    successful transactions with: vpr, robman, piecesofme, metalsman, gdavis70, agentjim007, ranshdow and more to come!
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>obvious no shortage of blanks ... >>

Or of demand.

• Options

you say that after they stopped production in January because of running out and yet still broke the record???
    successful transactions with: vpr, robman, piecesofme, metalsman, gdavis70, agentjim007, ranshdow and more to come!
  • Options

<< <i>

you say that after they stopped production in January because of running out and yet still broke the record??? >>

The Mint stopped productions because they underestimated the demand and did not place a large enough order with their suppliers for the blanks in December. No conspiracy .. just miscalculations. February's production will be almost 50% less than January's, and it's obvious that the suppliers are able to produce sufficient silver blanks to satisfy current demand. 2013 ASE's are readily available with all the major Mint Authorized Buyers.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

you say that after they stopped production in January because of running out and yet still broke the record??? >>

The Mint stopped productions because they underestimated the demand and did not place a large enough order with their suppliers for the blanks in December. No conspiracy .. just miscalculations. February's production will be almost 50% less than January's, and it's obvious that the suppliers are able to produce sufficient silver blanks to satisfy current demand. 2013 ASE's are readily available with all the major Mint Authorized Buyers. >>

So what happens when the demand increases 100 fold?
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Mint stopped productions because they underestimated the demand and did not place a large enough order with their suppliers for the blanks in December. No conspiracy .. just miscalculations. >>

I dont see the difference.

Either way they had to stop production because they didnt have enough on hand. Your right though, there is no conspiracy. They miscalculated demand as they didn't forecast record breaking demand for the first two months of the year.... so far.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only shortage at the US Mint, concerning ASE's, has been a shortage of foresight and planning. Like most government agencies, when things slow down, output picks back up.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Mint stopped productions because they underestimated the demand and did not place a large enough order with their suppliers for the blanks in December. No conspiracy .. just miscalculations. February's production will be almost 50% less than January's, and it's obvious that the suppliers are able to produce sufficient silver blanks to satisfy current demand. 2013 ASE's are readily available with all the major Mint Authorized Buyers. >>

So what happens when the demand increases 100 fold? >>

I guess it means there's a lot of silver purchased with a higher profit margin for the authorized buyers down the road.

All of this is not being sold to 3rd party buyers (now) like common folk, IMO
  • Options
    US Mint sets all time record for ASE sales in February

and the price of silver is down 9% for the month. That should tell you, the Mint's silver sales are minuscule in relations to silver available.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    hey, the mint is changing prices (up) and the pricing scheme:

link to artickle
    COA
  • Options

<< <i>hey, the mint is changing prices (up) and the pricing scheme:

link to artickle >>

Will this translate into even lower sales for their PM related products? We shall see. On the other hand, the US Mint's price is still lower than most World Wide Mints for similar products.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    The all too often trend of buyers rushing in at a market peak?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>US Mint sets all time record for ASE sales in February

and the price of silver is down 9% for the month. That should tell you, the Mint's silver sales are minuscule in relations to silver available. >>

The futures price is not the cash price of silver. That should tell you that paper silver is endless and physical silver is minuscule in relation.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>US Mint sets all time record for ASE sales in February

and the price of silver is down 9% for the month. That should tell you, the Mint's silver sales are minuscule in relations to silver available. >>

The futures price is not the cash price of silver. That should tell you that paper silver is endless and physical silver is minuscule in relation. >>

The cash price is dropping.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear