Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone have an 1989 or 1990 Donruss wax box handy?

I'd like to get a scan of the bottom of the box and the back vertical panel of the box for both years. I know they're cheap and, if I have to, I'll buy a box of each from BBCE and have them shipped to me, but I'd like to avoid dropping $35 just to get 4 scans. Any help would be appreciated, and if you help me out I'll be sure to pass along the almost certainly useless and uninteresting information I deduce.

Arthur

Comments

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    If no one comes through by tonight Pacific time, I can upload so scans/photos of a 1989 box. I believe I have a couple sitting somewhere.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to get a scan of the bottom of the box and the back vertical panel of the box for both years. I know they're cheap and, if I have to, I'll buy a box of each from BBCE and have them shipped to me, but I'd like to avoid dropping $35 just to get 4 scans. Any help would be appreciated, and if you help me out I'll be sure to pass along the almost certainly useless and uninteresting information I deduce.

Arthur >>

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCanfield, thank you very much.

I'm trying to determine if there are box differences between the regular Donruss issue for each year and the Canadian Donruss issue. I know the packs are easily identifiable as the Canadian packs have 10 cards instead of 15 and are marked as such. But I was curious to see if there were any differences on the boxes.

My 1989 Donruss Canadian bottom is the same (blank) but the back panel is different. My 1990 Donruss bottom and back panel are both the same as your regular issue boxes so no help there. Here's my Canadian back panel for comparison:

Also, if you've still got your boxes out, could you look at them and tell me if your regular Donruss boxes have "36 Count" printed on the tops of the boxes? I believe the "36 Count" printing is only on the Canadian boxes. Here are my Canadian boxes for reference:

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Arthur
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it helps, but I have 2 boxes of 1989 Donruss, both look identical,one has it written 36 packs on the top (like yours) and the other is blank. The only difference is a number stamped on the bottom (the box with 36 packs)...Both of them are US boxes.
    Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    That's weird. My Canadian box has a number stamped on the bottom as well. Are you sure the packs inside are American?

Arthur
  • Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    oops, the box stamped on the bottom is the box that does not have "36 Packs" on top (sorry about that), I just checked the "36 packs" box and yea, they are 15 cards to a pack and the writing on the back of the box doesn't mention Canada at all
    Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    Well, that kills that theory. Oh well, at least the packs have a pretty distinguishable difference. Just wish the cards did too. Thanks for all the help.

Arthur