Cents------------60
Nickels-----------13
Dimes------------24
Quarters---------38

Total Face Value--------$13.15

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant wait to get back out. we still got plenty of snow to get rid of first here.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done PPC...not bad for February.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you're still pilin' 'em up, PPC.

What do you do with the hoard? Clean 'em up a little, roll 'em, and take 'em to the bank?

Or are you sitting atop of a great big ol' heap of stuff, like Smaug the dragon in The Hobbit?

How often does a piece of silver or a standout coin or a piece of good jewelry show up in your totals?

Are you hunting mostly modern sites like parks and playgrounds? Beaches and swimming areas?

Or do your sites have any potential for older stuff like large cents, Seated Liberties, or Bust coins?

I'd soon grow tired of all the grubby clad, but I suppose if you can pile up enough of it in volume, it's worth the effort.

Must be more worthy of the effort north of the border, where the Canadians have $1 and $2 coins in circulation. I could see hunting more modern sites if one could pile up enough of that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably what you would mostly call a "clad" hunter. I hunt lots of sports related areas and concession areas. Therefore I do come up with quite abit of clad and sometimes rings. I run it all through a rock tumbler. I sat on 15 years worth until about 2 years ago and cashed it in. The bank took the clad and coinstar got the pennies. My wife just couldn't stand to see all those containers full of coins. Anyway right after I cashed it in I had several opportunities to buy some circulated commems so I go more commems and the wife didn't get to spend the money she thught she would.

I do hunt on some One Room School sites and have found several older coins there as well as eyeball finds of marbles, buttons and slate pencils. I have also found a 1776 Spanish 2 reals and a 1914-D Lincoln on these sites.

I get calls to look for lost rings and for the most part have been pretty successful in finding them if they were lost in an area where they thought they lost them.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have also found a 1776 Spanish 2 reals and a 1914-D Lincoln on these sites. >>

Heyheyhey- NOW you're talkin'!

I've got only one two-reales piece, and it's a 1779. The 1914-D cent I found was in a bulk lot of Wheaties I bought on BST, not in the ground.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    But its not over yet. image
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I got zilch for February and March is not looking too good either.
  • Options
  • Options
    Wow PPC! 15yrs accumulated coins!!! It would be really interesting knowing the amount you cashed in! I've been digging for 5yr now and my total is just over $1500 clad cashed in. Like u I'm a park/school/lawn hunter. Whats your pull-tab count?? LOL. Rich
  • Options
    59 Quarters $15.75
    34 Nickels 1.70
    71 Dimes 7.10
    200 Pennies 2.00
    Total 25.55
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice totals Rocketman. I've dug my share of pull tabs. I save them and run them through the tumbler with the clad and save them for the grandkids when they have a pull tab contest at school.