Home Precious Metals
Options

100-Oz. Bullion Bars from CRI?

PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any premium for this style of 100-Oz. silver bars from CRI? I am quite certain that this bar is more than 20 years old. I have 5 of these.

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen that style before. A little too crude for my taste. Looks like it was made by someone with a letter/number punch set.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my opinion, but I wouldn't want one even at a discount.

Smaller bars with off brands can be kind of cool and fun.

But gambling on purity, weight, etc. with 100 ounce money? Too rich for my blood.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Just my personal opinion, but I would ship them off to a large bullion dealer or refiner and trade them up for other forms of .999 fine bullion or have them melted, assayed, and poured into another form of my liking.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just my personal opinion, but I would ship them off to a large bullion dealer or refiner and trade them up for other forms of .999 fine bullion or have them melted, assayed, and poured into another form of my liking. >>

I've done that with no name 100 oz or garbage fantasy NAZI silver bars, just to get them out of circulation.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I am handling these bars for my local hospital. Apparently these have been created by having X-ray images refined for their silver content. So are you recommending that I "trade up" to brand-name bars and then sell those?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the advice. I am handling these bars for my local hospital. Apparently these have been created by having X-ray images refined for their silver content. So are you recommending that I "trade up" to brand-name bars and then sell those? >>

If you're going for cash, just sell them to a refiner and take the cash. Upgrading is for investment purposes or longer term holding.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt