Home Precious Metals

morning muggings for gold and silver

I would like to think this isn't being coordinated from on high...
The artificial swan (with apologies to Dr. Taleb)
Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think someone predicted that the conspiracy and manipulation theories were about to shift into high gear.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think someone predicted that the conspiracy and manipulation theories were about to shift into high gear.image >>

My apologies but i am not well versed in these things/events. What does this mean in lay man's language in terms of its effect on pm prices?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

<< <i>

<< <i>I think someone predicted that the conspiracy and manipulation theories were about to shift into high gear.image >>

My apologies but i am not well versed in these things/events. What does this mean in lay man's language in terms of its effect on pm prices? >>

Usually as the price of PMs fall, the cries of conspiracy and manipulation grow louder, as everyone knows PMs are preordained to go higher. And anything that prevents PMs from going up must be the coordinated efforts of the evil Banksters, Central banks, CU forum members, Bilderbergs, or any other nefarious organization.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody MUST be to blame....image Cheers, RickO
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a separate conspiracy thread.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    No, Create a "Non-Conspiracy" thread!

(Leave all the rest of the threads (conspiracy) alone...)

<< <i>We need a separate conspiracy thread. >>

COA
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better yet.....a conspiracy forum. image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Better yet.....a conspiracy forum. image >>

There is one of those , they are just not telling anyone about it.image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It boils down to this: There is evidence of massive shorting of the silver market by very big players such as JP Morgan. One camp (the nuts) believes this is a continuous manipulative effort to surpress the price of silver, the other camp does not. I gotta go with the nuts on this one.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Please show me evidence that JPM is taking a short position on it's one behalf. Is it not possible that CDE Is hedging its production in using JPM as agent?

Nah better to believe the evil banksters want to take all your money.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Please show me evidence that JPM is taking a short position on it's one behalf. Is it not possible that CDE Is hedging its production in using JPM as agent?

Nah better to believe the evil banksters want to take all your money. >>

Oh, but it's not possible that JPM is the FOMC's agent? Sure producers hedge, but nowhere near the volume JPM is shorting.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    ccc2010,
    Explaining the effect on PMs is well beyond my expertise, and the scope of these forum threads. It is, however, closely related to deep-pocket-entities (JP Morgan in particular) using the futures market to force the price in one direction or the other. The reasons for doing so may be at the request of central backs and fed in order to stabilize markets/currency (not necessarily a nefarious or profit-seeking motive). None-the-less, it violates both the implied trust and the stated trust of a supply/demand driven free market.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Just think of how interesting this market would be if they made it illegal to short anything anymore... Would make things a whole lot more simplistic.

Yes, it might screw the farmers and those that truly need to hedge production etc, but it might save everything else. Fun part is, how would they unravel all those hedged positions.

JPM shorting 10-12 years of world production in silver, totally justifiable image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
    Shorting is what keeps the markets honest.

• InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    Long-term stackers are being given a gift here...no complaints about the 'muggings' on prices. PMs aren't the only investments or speculations, and there's decades to be heavy in them historically, and others not so. And also like the Indian peoples, generational holdings and passing down legacy. Over the past 5 or 6 years getting educated here and elsewhere re: PMs, I've tried to think in terms of ounces owned, not relative to any fiat, and pick my target based on individual risk tolerance/needs/bet on the future; DMODD.

I believe we are in new, uncharted territory with repeal of Glass-Steagall, computer nanosecond trading in the 'market', >1 quad derivatives, 'new' accounting principles by banks keeping devalued investments on the books at former levels, Black letter law being ignored in GM bondholders getting shafted, etc etc etc that jmski52 can eloquently rattle off without a teleprompter.

Dow:Gold ratio?
    Kondratiev season?
    The currency race to the bottom worldwide?
    The American 40 year + borrowing habit and the junkies still need more and lenders haven't cut us off yet, so we lend to ourselves, and pay GS a fee to pass these T's through...
    If only I could run my private economic life and finances like my gov't does!! (ya know, run a little short, go upstairs, print some off to cover the shortfall, all is good)

Where is your 'buy' and 'back up the truck' price in terms of our local fiat?

Got cash? image
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Looks like the regular Monday morning mugging is in effect!
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan