Options
ANA goes to Anaheim in 2016
I do not know when it was announced , but I just saw on the ANA website that the ANA will hold the Summer convention in Anaheim ,California August 17-21,2016. It will be great to go somewhere else after 4 out of 5 years in Chicago ( Rosemont ). I remember that the 1995 convention in Anaheim was great with cool weather. The good lord willing and the creek don't rise I will be there!
0
Comments
- Ian
Owner/Founder GreatCollections
GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
President of David Lawrence Rare Coins www.davidlawrence.com
email: John@davidlawrence.com
2022 ANA Dealer of the Year, Past Chair of NCBA (formerly ICTA), PNG Treasurer, Instructor at Witter Coin University, former Instructor/YN Chaperone ANA Summer Seminar, Coin World Most Influential, Curator of the D.L. Hansen Collection
Anahiem is a great place for a convention. Disneyland is right accross the street.
Plenty of parking , hotels ,eateries and they keep the area safe to walk at night.
Lots of families walking around. Downtown disney is a short walk. no tickets needed there. Beaches are a 1/2 hour away.
Anahiem MLB stadium (Angels) for baseball is 5 minutes down the road!
Way better then downtown Los angeles was in 2009. Last time the ANA convention was in Anahiem
was in in 1995. I was there, took a great ANA grading class.
Krueger
<< <i>Way better then downtown Los angeles was in 2009. >>
I hope it is way better than downtown LA in 2009. On Friday and Saturday, the floor was so empty that tumbleweeds were blowing down the aisles.
An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.
Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.
The Penny Lady®
I have no desire to go to Chicago, or really head east anyway, but I do like the west coast and I think I will "pencil it in"
I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment
<< <i>
<< <i>Way better then downtown Los angeles was in 2009. >>
I hope it is way better than downtown LA in 2009. On Friday and Saturday, the floor was so empty that tumbleweeds were blowing down the aisles. >>
I have attended every ANA summer convention since 1970 and I have to say that 2009 in Los Angeles was the worst. At times you could have fired a shotgun down the aisles and would not have hit anyone. Anaheim is a good location. I am sure that everyone will enjoy the show.
<< <i>I have attended every ANA summer convention since 1970 and I have to say that 2009 in Los Angeles was the worst. At times you could have fired a shotgun down the aisles and would not have hit anyone. >>
You need to work on your aim.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
<< <i>
<< <i>I have attended every ANA summer convention since 1970 and I have to say that 2009 in Los Angeles was the worst. At times you could have fired a shotgun down the aisles and would not have hit anyone. >>
You need to work on your aim. >>
Lets just forget about the downtown LA debacle....
==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades
Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
Will be cool to see if Anaheim is any different in a few years, looking forward to it!
Michael Kittle Rare Coins --- 1908-S Indian Head Cent Grading Set --- No. 1 1909 Mint Set --- Kittlecoins on Facebook --- Long Beach Table 700
"Seu cabra da peste,
"Sou Mangueira......."
Disneyland
Grandkids
Count me in.
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso
<< <i>I am glad the ANA has finally started to think about the dealers and moved it to a place with favorable or even reasonable coin sales tax rules. Oh wait... >>
In that case, why not move it to Washington State?
I hear what you are saying, but I, as a collector, am happy that the ANA appears to be thinking about those of us that can't/don't make it to other areas like that. Once in awhile on the west coast shouldn't be that much of a bad thing for dealers, I would think.
I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment
My Ebay Store
<< <i>I am glad the ANA has finally started to think about the dealers and moved it to a place with favorable or even reasonable coin sales tax rules. Oh wait... >>
It is favorable over $1500....
<< <i>
<< <i>I am glad the ANA has finally started to think about the dealers and moved it to a place with favorable or even reasonable coin sales tax rules. Oh wait... >>
It is favorable over $1500.... >>
The number of days spent in California during the year has significant tax implications for out of state dealers
Coin Rarities Online
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
<< <i>
<< <i>
<< <i>I am glad the ANA has finally started to think about the dealers and moved it to a place with favorable or even reasonable coin sales tax rules. Oh wait... >>
It is favorable over $1500.... >>
The number of days spent in California during the year has significant tax implications for out of state dealers >>
Yea I thought about that right after I posted. Now for those that dont attend all the Long Beach shows at least there is the break at 1500.
But so far most people are pretty pleased with this choice!
Great job ANA!
- Ian
Owner/Founder GreatCollections
GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
<< <i>
<< <i>Way better then downtown Los angeles was in 2009. >>
I hope it is way better than downtown LA in 2009. On Friday and Saturday, the floor was so empty that tumbleweeds were blowing down the aisles. >>
I'll never forget seeing QDB sitting alone at the Stack's table w/no lined up to talk to him. It was surreal. Normally he is furiously signing books and holding forth on any of a million topics that he can fluently talk about.
.
CoinsAreFun Toned Silver Eagle Proof Album
.
Gallery Mint Museum, Ron Landis& Joe Rust, The beginnings of the Golden Dollar
.
More CoinsAreFun Pictorials NGC FOR SALE
Unfortunately we're still stuck with spending a week in Rosemont for the next three years. The ANA could make everybody instantly happier by finding a way out of Rosemont the next two years.
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
<< <i>It's 40-45 minutes from me, so I should be able to make it. 2009 in LA would have been better if it was held at one of the hotels around LAX, rather than downtown. That said, I was fine with the 2009 ANA. >>
Other than for easier access to strip clubs and the LAX terminals, no way. I'll take downtown over the LAX/ Inglewood area in most circumstances.
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
<< <i>
<< <i>
<< <i>
<< <i>I am glad the ANA has finally started to think about the dealers and moved it to a place with favorable or even reasonable coin sales tax rules. Oh wait... >>
It is favorable over $1500.... >>
The number of days spent in California during the year has significant tax implications for out of state dealers >>
Yea I thought about that right after I posted. Now for those that dont attend all the Long Beach shows at least there is the break at 1500. >>
ANA week will eat up most of the time we can spend in CA in 2016.
Coin Rarities Online
<< <i>In that case, why not move it to Washington State?
The Seattle convention center does not consider the ANA show large enough.
Greg
<< <i>Unfortunately we're still stuck with spending a week in Rosemont for the next three years. The ANA could make everybody instantly happier by finding a way out of Rosemont the next two years. >>
Trust me, we've tried. Unfortunately, the cancellation fees in the contracts made that an impossibility.
Greg
<< <i>
<< <i>Unfortunately we're still stuck with spending a week in Rosemont for the next three years. The ANA could make everybody instantly happier by finding a way out of Rosemont the next two years. >>
Trust me, we've tried. Unfortunately, the cancellation fees in the contracts made that an impossibility.
Greg >>
How much are we talking about for a cancellation fee, 5 or 6 figures? I for one would be willing to pony up some cash to get us out of Rosemont.
<< <i>How much are we talking about for a cancellation fee, 5 or 6 figures? I for one would be willing to pony up some cash to get us out of Rosemont. >>
I don't recall the numbers, to be honest, but realize we are dealing with a convention center AND multiple hotels. Something which makes it more difficult is trying to find another city to host our convention on 2 years notice or less.. that's next to impossible.
Greg
jom
At least I saw and did some very cool stuff outside of both shows.
<< <i>
<< <i>
<< <i>Unfortunately we're still stuck with spending a week in Rosemont for the next three years. The ANA could make everybody instantly happier by finding a way out of Rosemont the next two years. >>
Trust me, we've tried. Unfortunately, the cancellation fees in the contracts made that an impossibility.
Greg >>
How much are we talking about for a cancellation fee, 5 or 6 figures? I for one would be willing to pony up some cash to get us out of Rosemont. >>
I'd be willing to cough up a few clams to not spend a week in Rosemont.
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
<< <i>Why do they call it the Chicago ANA Show when Rosemont is no where near Chicago? >>
Actually O'Hare is within Chicago city limits and Rosemont is adjacent to O'Hare so based on a technicality Rosemont is close to Chicago. I agree, the ANA show is not in Chicago even though it's advertised as a Chicago show.
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
<< <i>I went to the San Franciso and L.A. ANA shows. I'm convinced that California CAN NOT host a good ANA show.
At least I saw and did some very cool stuff outside of both shows. >>
Evidently, you weren't in Anaheim in 1995. I was and it was great.
I agree though...the LA show "blew".
jom