Home Precious Metals
Options

Question on Kilo bars

I notice there's a pretty high premium on PAMP kilo bars (silver) compared to an APMEX bar. Down the line, think one would be harder to move? And, think the premium on the PAMP could be retained?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    premium retained
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I notice there's a pretty high premium on PAMP kilo bars (silver) compared to an APMEX bar. Down the line, think one would be harder to move? And, think the premium on the PAMP could be retained? >>

If this is any consolation: All PAMP bars carry a high premium and have so for over 30 years. However, that is no guarantee that they will do so in the future.

FYI......PAMP - Produits Artistiques Métaux Précieux, more commonly known as PAMP, is a leading gold, silver and platinum group metals refinery based in Castel St Pietro, Switzerland. Originally established in 1977, PAMP SA was acquired by MKS in 1981.

Interesting brief history of PAMP

PAMP history
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both have 32.15 Troy ounces of pure silver. Some are willing to pay a premium for the PAMP name and others aren't willing to pay a premium. Your choice.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    for those big ones no...
    for the smaller ones, to much risk for 1 oz silver that most will eventually find out they r common...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    During this recent downturn in prices most of PAMP's silver products have sold out at APMEX...there is real demand for their bars.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    What about a 500 gram PAMP silver bar? I was offered one for $5 over spot last week but turned it down because I felt the premium was to high.
  • Options

<< <i>During this recent downturn in prices most of PAMP's silver products have sold out at APMEX...there is real demand for their bars. >>

its highly likely they do not keep many in stock, hence the "sell out"...

just look at the pamp gold... 1% or so premie buyin... spot or less sellin, so will the silver pamp go...
    just remember the cardboard isnt worth more than the silver...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my experience that the PAMP kilo bars (Poured) have the lowest Premium of all the Pamp Silver Products...

It will not be hard to shift just like the next kilo, but might actually be preferred over the apmex kilo.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    i have a credit suisse 100 oz bar i paid too much for but id be willing to sell if the price was right... i also got acredit suisse kilo bar i paid too much for, and half kilo pamp suisse and a 500 gram pamp with the assy cards, i bought them when silver was 35- an oz for 5 an oz over.. so i got a lot into them , but if sumone was a collector and wanted to take sumthin ff my hands id be willing to entertain an offer..
    collector of gold and silver bullion..Owner of "aaa trash be gone" buffalo ny
    references for completed transactions : smittys , guitarwes , vetter, JamesM , durexmetals, luke marshall ,perry hall, indiananationals,tamu15 , freechance , wdrob, jimineez1
  • Options
    was there a legitimate compelling reason to pay so much for them?...
    keceph `anah