Home Metal Detecting
Options

Just saw a commercial for Diggers at Gettysburg...

OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
Isn't that Blasphemy and like ILLEGAL?

Steve
Promote the Hobby

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were to guess I would say that they would ABSOLUTELY have had to obtain some kind of very special permission to go there.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was definitely illegal the last time I checked....admittedly that was some years ago (seven or eight). Likely a special permit 'purchased' by TV deep pockets. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    They hunted on private land near the battlefield. And at one point they showed a 1909 d cent !?!? What a screw up.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They hunted on private land near the battlefield. And at one point they showed a 1909 d cent !?!? What a screw up. >>

and a waste of time watching then. jmo
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They hunted on private land near the battlefield. And at one point they showed a 1909 d cent !?!? What a screw up. >>

and a waste of time watching then. jmo >>

I can't stand those guys. I can't believe they made it on TV.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

and a waste of time watching then. jmo >>

I can't stand those guys. I can't believe they made it on TV. >>

all types out there unfortanatly
  • Options
    That show is a JOKE and it pissed the NPS off big time in Gettysburg. I live and relic hunt in Gettysburg and I gotta say its getting harder and harder to find a spot that people let you hunt. If you dont have connections you are not going diggin. Even land that people were allowed to hunt before are now off limits. I know a lot of people and have a lot of places to hunt but I feel bad for the new guys who think they can get rich quick. SORRY your wrong...

FACT
    The NPS at Gettysburg has just over 27 miles of roads threw the battlefield but yet only has 7 signs that say metal detecting is illegal. Even havein one in the trunk of your car on federal land is illegal. I live minutes from the NPS land and worrie my rear off when I drive the major state roadways that are on NPS land due to the fact the rangers here see a machine your getting stoped. Its so bad that the NPS has night vision to catch people at night. ( I know 1st hand/ friend is ranger)
  • Options
    Forgot to add. Show is NOT on federal land. Private only