Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

'Wheel of Fortune' Giveaway of EF peace, Dave WON!

Look below at the replies... Dave won this thing!
-----

Hey, boys and girls,

Just for a new kind of giveaway, here's my idea:
I'm giving away an EF 1922 peace dollar.

I'll send it to the first person to solve this puzzle IN A REPLY (not a PM).

You can guess more than once, but only once per "new letter".

I'll post the puzzle, then I'll fill in all the As. Then later today I'll fill in all the Bs.
Then today or tomorrow or sometime I'll fill in the Cs, etc, until somebody solves it EXACTLY.

Here is the puzzle:
-------- -- - ----- ---, --- -- ------ ---- --- ---- ---- ------- -----

Each - is a letter, and it is all upper-case, so don't worry about that.

Good luck!

am
100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filling in As:

-------- -- A ---A- ---, A-- -- ------ ---- --- ---- ---- --A---- -----

Are we having fun yet?

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Where's the clue?image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options

Ok, the As didn't help much. I'll put in the Bs

-------- -- A ---A- ---, A-- -- ------ ---- --- ---- ---- --ABB-- -----

No "wild ass" guesses to help get the creative juices flowing?

am
  • Options

Ok, littlewicher wants a clue.

This phrase is something that I'm trying to brainwash you all into believing. image

am
  • Options

I know this would be more fun if you could guess which letters to fill in next... Well, maybe next time. image

here are the Cs. Anybody but littlewicher even read this thread yet?

-------- -- A ---A- ---, A-- -- ------ ---- --- ---- -C-- --ABB-- C----

• Options
    Great idea, can you give us the D & E's...............Thanks Lowell
    Found a circulated 1903 0 Morgan to complete my Morgan dollar collection!!
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least give a clue!!! image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    still not enough to make a sensible guess. waiting for more letters
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options

I'll give you D and E both, because I'm a such a great guy. image

-------D -- A --EA- ---, A-D -E -----D -E-D --- ---E -C-- --ABBED C----

• Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    How about S and L.

-Jarrett Roberts
  • Options

S:

----S--D -S A --EA- ---, A-D -E S----D SE-D --- S--E -C-S S-ABBED C---S

Gotta run for a while; hey, that is starting to look almost like English! image

am
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll guess:

"MOURSUND IS A GREAT GUY, AND WE SHOULD SEND HIM SOME PCGS SLABBED COINS"

- - Dave
  • Options

Wow, Dave the DBSTrader2 seems to have solved the puzzle! imageimageimage

Ok, Dave, I guess I'll send you a nice peace dollar!

Did I make that one too easy? I think it must have been obvious, because everybody knows that MOURSUND IS A GREAT GUY, AND WE SHOULD SEND HIM SOME PCGS SLABBED COINS, right? image

am

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭
    WOOHOO!! Thanks, Andy! Not too easy - - just a matter of being at the right place at the right time, and my browser not slowing down on me! But the game did play to my strength - - after all, after just one night with me, Vanna White had to go back to remedial school to re-learn how to turn the letters!!image

Still have my addy?

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    thought you were going to space giving the letters away out?
    sounded like it in your first post image
    oh well on to the next giveaway! image
    I need the following proof Jefferson Nickels: 1988s

imagemyurl
  • Options

Nickelman, I was planning to space them out, but I wanted to get enough on there to make it interesting... I figured it would take at least a couple more letters before anybody would solve it, but Dave surprised me... image

So, if I do one of these again sometime, should I do 1 letter per day, starting with the most popular ones like STRLEA? Hmmmm ?...

am
  • Options
    do it like wheel of fortune and start with rstlne
    I need the following proof Jefferson Nickels: 1988s

imagemyurl
  • Options

Ok, maybe I will... I'm so broke right now, I'm not sure I can scrape up postage money to give away any coins. imageimageimage

But payday is Monday!

• Options
    CoinutCoinut Posts: 30
    I'd like ro buy a bowel
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    moursund is a nice guy, but I don't have enough slabbed coins to send to all the nice guys here.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    Thanks, Mac,

If nobody will give me any pcgs slabs, I'll just have to hold a giveaway and give one away myself... image

am
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like ro buy a bowel >>

You could get one free in a gas station restroom (yes, that was unnecessary imageimage))
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research