Options
I like 1829 Dimes!
STONE
Posts: 15,275 ✭
1829 has always been my favorite date in the Bust Dime series...even before I found the nice 1829 Curl Base 2 a couple years ago.
This date provides a great diversity of major and minor type varieties, including Extra Large, Large, Medium, Small, and Large over Small 10c, as well as the famous Curl Base 2 in '1829'.
There are 12 known die marriages for this date and several are quite challenging to find in nice, original condition. I currently own 11 of the 12 die marriages, including the very scarce
and desirable 1829 JR-10 Curl Base 2. I am only missing the JR-5 die marriage which is an R4 (if you have one in nice VF/EF condition and are willing to part with it send me a PM).
I am quite pleased to have recently acquired 2 rather nice 1829 Dime examples - the 1829 JR-8 came from Rich U while the 1829 JR-12 came from dpvilla.
I am very content with most of the examples shown below, but the moderately available 1829 JR-2 needs some catching up to do in terms of condition with respect to the others listed!
Enjoy
JR-1 PCGS-25

JR-2 G-6 (raw)

JR-3 Fine (raw)

JR-4 PCGS-45

JR-6 PCGS-20

JR-7 F+ (raw)

JR-8 EF+ (raw)

JR-9 PCGS-40

JR-10 PCGS-35 (I formerly owned this coin)

JR-10 PCGS-8 (my replacement)

JR-11 Fine (raw)

JR-12 EF+ (raw)
This date provides a great diversity of major and minor type varieties, including Extra Large, Large, Medium, Small, and Large over Small 10c, as well as the famous Curl Base 2 in '1829'.
There are 12 known die marriages for this date and several are quite challenging to find in nice, original condition. I currently own 11 of the 12 die marriages, including the very scarce
and desirable 1829 JR-10 Curl Base 2. I am only missing the JR-5 die marriage which is an R4 (if you have one in nice VF/EF condition and are willing to part with it send me a PM).
I am quite pleased to have recently acquired 2 rather nice 1829 Dime examples - the 1829 JR-8 came from Rich U while the 1829 JR-12 came from dpvilla.
I am very content with most of the examples shown below, but the moderately available 1829 JR-2 needs some catching up to do in terms of condition with respect to the others listed!
Enjoy
JR-1 PCGS-25

JR-2 G-6 (raw)

JR-3 Fine (raw)

JR-4 PCGS-45

JR-6 PCGS-20

JR-7 F+ (raw)

JR-8 EF+ (raw)

JR-9 PCGS-40

JR-10 PCGS-35 (I formerly owned this coin)

JR-10 PCGS-8 (my replacement)

JR-11 Fine (raw)

JR-12 EF+ (raw)
0
Comments
<< <i> I like 1829 Dimes! >>
You think?
Nice coins. I enjoyed looking at them.
Stone - Never knew you picked up a replacement JR-10.
Please don't tell me it was a cherry pick, again ?
Very impressive group of CBD's !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !
New Barber Purchases
<< <i>Stone - Never knew you picked up a replacement JR-10.
Please don't tell me it was a cherry pick, again ?
Very impressive group of CBD's !! >>
MFH,
I picked that one up almost 16 months ago...for a bit less than it should have cost me!
Sorry.
<< <i>
<< <i>I picked that one up almost 16 months ago...for a bit less than it should have cost me! >>
This is the understatement of the year
EAC 6024
Hoard the keys.
Nice collection of 29's...all original and problem-free
Not an easy task...happy hunting for the JR-5.
<< <i>Very
<< <i>So you cherrypicked that PCGS-35 curly base????
Both of them. I even know where they were aquired, sadly that dealer no longer lists items the way he used to.
looking good
.
I love CBD and boy finding original custy ones have been very tough lately!