Home U.S. Coin Forum

snipe programs

TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't seen a recent post on snipe programs. I understand that ebay has a free one. However, I can't find it. Can someone point me to a good, free (or not) snipe program that is easy to use and fail-safe. I do not use ebay that often. thanks

Tom

Comments

• BrolBrol Posts: 266 ✭✭
    for ebay i'm using http://www.gixen.com
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    www.vrane.com bids with about 7 seconds left and you can only have one free snipe up at a time.

• TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all. I took the advice of the first responder and I am now good to go on Gavelsnipe. I am already registered with Heritage and it was pretty easy to set up. If it doesn't work well, I will revisit.
    Much appreciated!

Tom

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used esnipe.com for years.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭

Oh COME ON! Were's the sport?

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh COME ON! Were's the sport?

image >>

I agree, it's all about the thrill of hitting "bid now" with 4 seconds left. Of course, falling victim to a slow Internet is never fun.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh COME ON! Were's the sport?

image >>

I agree, it's all about the thrill of hitting "bid now" with 4 seconds left. Of course, falling victim to a slow Internet is never fun. >>

And it gives you a great adrenaline rush too.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now use gixen.com

I used to use bidnip.com, but it has failed twice on my recently ... no more. AND I failed to even get a response from a couple of email questions. So much for being a customer for the last decade!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    The sniping program I use amounts to entering 1,000,000 at 4 seconds before auction closing.

It wins everytime.

Unless its a 1913 Liberty.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭
    I don't like using the online services because you have to give them your eBay password.

I used to use Auction Sentry, which was great until it changed ownership hands. Now it sucks.

I use JBidWatcher now.
  • s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The sniping program I use amounts to entering 1,000,000 at 4 seconds before auction closing.

It wins everytime.

I hope you bid on my auctions! image

Unless its a 1913 Liberty. >>

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't like using the online services because you have to give them your eBay password. >>

This is a violation of the eBay Terms of Usage Agreement.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>for ebay i'm using http://www.gixen.com >>

Me too.
    Becky
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I use the paid version of AuctionStealer . . . 3 second buffer.

I guess they still offer so many snipes a week/month (?) free with an 8 second buffer.
    Like their snipe tool . . . real handy. You can also set "bid groups" which I have used several times.

HH

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't like using the online services because you have to give them your eBay password. >>

This is a violation of the eBay Terms of Usage Agreement. >>

Never had an issue in the many times I have used an online snipe service.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gixen has worked fine for me, used it after a thread recommendation on the forum.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The sniping program I use amounts to entering 1,000,000 at 4 seconds before auction closing.

It wins everytime.

Unless its a 1913 Liberty. >>

I hope you bid on one of my auctions.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the manual snipe.... a real thrill. And I have never lost a snipe on a coin I really wanted..... did lose a couple that I really did not care about. The one's I want, I click in the last 3 seconds (best time) and use a nuclear bid.... sure, I occasionally overpay, but I get what I want. Cheers, RickO
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manual Snipe! Great cure for an otherwise dull day. Or even an exciting one. I once manual sniped and won a coin at the top of the ski mountian on my iPhone. The adrenaline surge served me well image
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I'm very new to this Snipe Program stuff... I have used a program I found on line : "Bidnapper".
    This programs works well on eBay - and they have a group of auction sites that they cover. What
    I find disturbing is that the service has no specific numismatic auction sites adhered to it. I asked
    if Heritage or Stacks or Great Collections would be part of their following. I was informed that they
    had no plans to include other auction sites.

I saw that someone signed up for - and - is happy with Galelsnipe. I understand completely that this
    service is designed for Heritage auctions.

My problem is... Does any one know what is the best Snipe Program
    for Great Collections. com

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auction sniper has worked well for years and is worth the cost IMO.

Thanks, Syl.

Auction Sniper is only for eBay.

I need a wider coverage.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
    I have never heard of one being available for Ian's auctions, and as far as I know TeleTrade can't be sniped either except for the manual bid at the last second..
  • I have used justsnipe.com for almost a decade, no problems. Very flexible, you set your delta-T. Costs $5 a month for unlimited snipes and features I never use. Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE

<< <i>I have never heard of one being available for Ian's auctions, and as far as I know TeleTrade can't be sniped either except for the manual bid at the last second.. >>

Thanks, Syl. I'll send Ian a note.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Of course, falling victim to a slow Internet is never fun. >>

Had that happen once. Never again.

I use esnipe. It has never failed me if my bid was high enough.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    I have been using biddingscheduler.com for quite awhile, but yesterday it failed for the first time. So I am looking for a new progam, does anyone have any opinions on the gavelsnipe progam and will it also work on Heritage or Teletrade auctions? Would it make sense to use two different sniping progams in case one fails?
    Thanks!
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I enjoy the hunt with a manual high bid with seconds to spare, life tends to get in the way. So I use justsnipe.com

Works every time and I have never paid a fee.

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
    Seems like using two different programs you could end up bidding against yourself. Don't think I would do that.
    Auction Sniper has always been worth the small cost to me but it only works on eBay.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using phantombidder for almost ten years without a hitch.
    3 seconds buffer.
  • moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    I quit using Auction Sniper because it failed several times for me.

I switched to bidding scheduler and if worked fine for me until yesterday. I sent them a email asking what might have happened, but haven't heard back yet.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I'm also a Justsnipe user. With 3 or 4 a week free I've never paid and never had a failure in at least teen years.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    I use AuctionSniper and it has never failed for me. But, I understand it has failed for some folks. Always good for me, though.

• << <i>I'm also a Justsnipe user. With 3 or 4 a week free I've never paid and never had a failure in at least teen years. >>

Same here, Justsnipe works well
  • giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭
    Our their any other besides gixen that you DONT have to to register ahead of time giving your log in and password info? and set up an account. and have that information on some file permanently.

gixen have not had any problems

Any others that are free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file