Options
is coin collecting addicting?
WingedLiberty1957
Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
(Sorry if this has been discussed before)
Do you ever find yourself trying to wean yourself off the "drug"?
Also it's interesting but for me my passion in a particular series or type seems to develop like a storm ... it gathers, it reaches a peak intensity, then it slowly wanes ... of course this is over a long period like a few years.
It's also interesting that during the time of peak intensity is when i tend to overpay for coins ... and during the waning period, I become more more selective, only buying really nice pieces when they are "on sale"
Does anyone else share in the dynamic?
If you experience things differently, I would be interested to hear.
Do you ever find yourself trying to wean yourself off the "drug"?
Also it's interesting but for me my passion in a particular series or type seems to develop like a storm ... it gathers, it reaches a peak intensity, then it slowly wanes ... of course this is over a long period like a few years.
It's also interesting that during the time of peak intensity is when i tend to overpay for coins ... and during the waning period, I become more more selective, only buying really nice pieces when they are "on sale"
Does anyone else share in the dynamic?
If you experience things differently, I would be interested to hear.
0
Comments
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
In a bad way? That depends on how you balance it with the rest of your life.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.<< <i>I get a rush when pulling the trigger on a sweet coin. I like that feeling and want to feel it often. >>
just like what the gambler said when he went all-in for $5k at the table with those pocket aces on his pre-flop starting hand! i know the feeling.
Not even in the same universe.
Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.
My Coin Blog
My Toned Lincoln Registry Set
Empty Nest Collection
My Coin Blog
My Toned Lincoln Registry Set
Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
<< <i> It's also interesting that during the time of peak intensity is when i tend to overpay for coins ... and during the waning period, I become more more selective, only buying really nice pieces when they are "on sale" . >>
Hmmmmmm, reminds me of marriage.
Hot and heavy, then there is a cooling off period.........then can go either way, back on to the fire and heat up or out for sale to the attorney of choice
.
CoinsAreFun Toned Silver Eagle Proof Album
.
Gallery Mint Museum, Ron Landis& Joe Rust, The beginnings of the Golden Dollar
.
More CoinsAreFun Pictorials NGC FOR SALE
I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment
<< <i>You blow your nose verdigris comes out >>
Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.